Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Teppanyaki / Teppan Edo delayed again in the Vacation Planning forums; I just saw a post on rec.arts.disney.parks that Teppan Edo is delayed once again, and now will not be opening until mid-September. I'm far more annoyed with the fact that ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

Angry Teppanyaki / Teppan Edo delayed again

I just saw a post on rec.arts.disney.parks that Teppan Edo is delayed once again, and now will not be opening until mid-September. I'm far more annoyed with the fact that Disney didn't bother calling to let me know about this given that I had dinner reservations on August 31, and only found out because I randomly saw a post on the internet.

Regardless, I called WDW-DINE to confirm, and indeed, it's true. I had to book a new restaurant for the 31st, as Teppan Edo will not be reopening until September.

If you had ADRs at Teppan Edo between Aug 20 and September 15-ish, I rather strongly suggest you call 1-407-WDW-DINE and get new reservations ASAP.

Paul Lalli

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I called yesterday trying to make reservations there for Oct. 5, and was told they were not currently accepting any before November, even though their system showed the Sept. 15th opening date.

Also was told that Tuttio Italia is not going to be open to guests in October, that it will be used only for Candlelight Dinner packages through the end of the year, and then it will close entirely until late 2008.

And they had no date for Yak & Yeti as of yet.

All subject to change, of course.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I am soooooooooo glad that I didn't make an ADR for here for our trip. I was originally going to, but I didn't want to chance it in case something like this happened. There is no way I would have gotten into one of the other restaurants I wanted at this late date.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I'm waiting around to try and get reservations for Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. last time I called, a CM told me that it would be at least mid-August before they started taking reservations for it.

with this news, maybe I should shoot for something else?

If we can dream it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    I'm waiting around to try and get reservations for Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. last time I called, a CM told me that it would be at least mid-August before they started taking reservations for it.

with this news, maybe I should shoot for something else?
    I would at least have a back up plan! Meaning....book another breakfast somewhere else, or at the very least book another table service meal for somewhere else at a different meal time.

dmart2280 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm going in October. Hopefully it will be open for our trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I just saw a post on rec.arts.disney.parks that Teppan Edo is delayed once again, and now will not be opening until mid-September. I'm far more annoyed with the fact that Disney didn't bother calling to let me know about this given that I had dinner reservations on August 31, and only found out because I randomly saw a post on the internet.
    Disney just called me today to inform me about the continued referb, and that my dining reservation was a no go. So kudos to Disney for not leaving guests in the dark, but minus a few points for not being overly timely with this information. If it's been known for over a week, that's a week's worth of dining reservations that have been snatched up between then and now...

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Disney just called me today to inform me about the continued referb, and that my dining reservation was a no go. So kudos to Disney for not leaving guests in the dark, but minus a few points for not being overly timely with this information. If it's been known for over a week, that's a week's worth of dining reservations that have been snatched up between then and now...
    Supposedly Disney doesn't know WHEN its going to be done. They think it will be semi-soon, but they don't know when, so really they have no clue. That might explain the delay between the calls.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

FriendOfFanatic is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have reservations there with the candlelight procession in December. I hope things have not gone completely south, and it will be open by then.

There is no opening date for Teppan Edo.

However, Disney IS being accomodating for those of you who already have reservations. Even on the day of, if Disney was not able to get a hold of you, they are accomodating you!!!!!! But this is ONLY for people who have reservations already for Teppan Edo.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    There is no opening date for Teppan Edo.

However, Disney IS being accomodating for those of you who already have reservations. Even on the day of, if Disney was not able to get a hold of you, they are accomodating you!!!!!! But this is ONLY for people who have reservations already for Teppan Edo.
    Yup, from what I read, I kinda screwed myself over. I heard about the extended refurb a week before Disney called me. I called them to make a new reservation at Nine Dragons instead. Then a week later, when the CM called me and said "I'm calling about your reservation at Teppanyaki", I (somewhat rudely) cut her off and said "Yeah, I know the refurb is still going on. I've already made alternate reservations." "Oh, you have?" "Yup." And basically hung up. Apparently if I'd given her the chance to go through her spiel, I would have been offered prime viewing for Illuminations or somesuch.

See what you get for being a know-it-all (and a rude one at that)? Serves me right.

Yup! Disney understands that it is unfortunate, and they are being accomodating.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011