Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Free dining offer in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, I was just wondering if anyone had booked the free dining package for Aug and Sept? I did for Sept 8-16th and we are really getting excited. I was ...
    toofunnie is offline A-Ticket holder

Free dining offer

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had booked the free dining package for Aug and Sept? I did for Sept 8-16th and we are really getting excited. I was also wondering what your feelings were on making the dinner reservations, I haven't made any yet and probably should get some done. We are thinking of eating at the Coral Reef, Le Celliar and any good suggestions for italian would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help!

T-24 for Disney!!!

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    You need to get ADR's done ASAP. Le Cellier will almost definitely be booked and you may be looking at undesirable times at any others you are thinking about. I would call right away.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    It might be a good time to try some of the other places that may not be filled. I was impressed with the food at Morocco and it sure wan't full.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    good luck honey.. i'm scared they might be filled
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ooh - how many in your party? You need to call right away and I'm afraid you may still be disappointed.

Word is that LeCellier is booked SOLID through January. Other ressies will be VERY difficult to get unless you have 3 or 4 in your party and are willing to eat at 5:00 or 9:00.

We are going September 22 - October 2 and made ADRs 180 days out from arrival date. We had to make a change a few weeks ago because we decided to do Lunch With An Imagineer at the Brown Derby. Took us two weeks solid calling twice a day to get Mama Melrose at a decent hour.

Good luck!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    WHOA! Good luck geting ADR's via Disney Dining. They are pretty booked at this point but check out my thread I have some spaces available that you are welcome to join us or take over on a few. PSST.... a Le Cellier one for 6ppl is open. . http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-up-grabs.html PM for further info on them.

Take whatever times you can get. The odd times are easier to get. Be flexible as to where and when.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 08-15-2007 at 09:58 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

disneyfan55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by toofunnie View Post
    Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had booked the free dining package for Aug and Sept? I did for Sept 8-16th and we are really getting excited. I was also wondering what your feelings were on making the dinner reservations, I haven't made any yet and probably should get some done. We are thinking of eating at the Coral Reef, Le Celliar and any good suggestions for italian would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help!

T-24 for Disney!!!
    We booked our reservation for a week beginning Sept 22 in June and had a lot of trouble getting reservations then. We had very few at normal times 6-7 pm. Some of our choices weren't even available. I hope you have called and made some reservations since your post. Good Luck!

Jenn31708 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi there toofunnie!! We also took advantage of the free dining! We had planned on going for our anniversary the first week of october, but a fantastic reservationist named Dante talked me into going 9/22 because that's the last day available to qualify for the free dining plan. How lucky can you get!!

The funny thing is, we also booked lunch at Coral reef, Le Cellier, and 50's prime time cafe. We also booked dinner at Mama Melrose's for dinner to get the Fantasmic dinner package.

The interesting thing is, I was kind of lazy about my advance dinner reservations, and only booked everything about 3 weeks ago. I think it worked to our advantage, because we wanted to do late lunches, instead of dinner. We have reservations everywhere between 1 and 2 pm.

Good luck, and tell me how Le Cellier and Coral Reef are, I've never been to either!!

lonegungirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    We booked the bounce-back free dining for 9/25-10/2 and I made our ADRs about a week after they came available...and Le Cellier was already booked out for some of the days. I do think there might be cancellations but probably for very early/late times. Put the Disney Dining number on speed dial and you can call while waiting in line at the parks. I wouldn't try walking up, as every time I've gone the last few years, the couple of parties in front of me checking in are turned away for not having ADRs. The food is very good--probably better than Coral Reef, however Coral Reef has the fantastic view of the aquarium to make up for it.

50's Prime Time is fun if you have an interactive server and the type of group that will interact well with them. The food is unexceptional, except for the s'mores which are wonderful but diabetic-coma inducing. On the whole, for the atmosphere, I prefer the Sci-Fi Dine In.