Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Recommendations for folks with food allergies? in the Vacation Planning forums; I am looking for table service restaurant recommendations. Since my wife has several food allergies (wheat/barley, soy, and shellfish) and is also a vegetarian, we must limit our choices to ...
    DVCMike is offline A-Ticket holder

Recommendations for folks with food allergies?

I am looking for table service restaurant recommendations. Since my wife has several food allergies (wheat/barley, soy, and shellfish) and is also a vegetarian, we must limit our choices to those places that are willing to prepare special dishes just for her (so most buffets are out). Since we have the Disney Dining Experience card, we also try to limit our choices to places that accept the DDE card. Finally, we typically eat out only for dinner (having breakfast or lunch in our room).

Thus far, we have tried California Grill, Jiko, Citricos, Coral Reef, Grand Floridian Café, Flying Fish Café, Kona Café, Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Spoodles, and Narcoossee’s. Most have been very accommodating to my wife’s special dietary restrictions.

Can anyone recommend any other TS restaurants for dinner that would also be as accommodating?
    DVC Member

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I think most all of the table service restaurants are accommodating if you call ahead. Here is an article on how others have delt with this situation....Dining with Food Allergies at Walt Disney World
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

gwa
    gwa is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have an allergy to wine. Bummer! But we have found that the restaurants are very accommodating. I especially feel reassured that the chef comes out to talk to you one on one. When I book our dining reservations I make sure I let them know of my allergy, and then I reiterate this when we check in for our reservation. They are not allowed to bring you any food until the chef comes out to speak to the person with the allergy. At least, that is what one cast member told us when she waited on us at Fulton's Crab House. The Contemporary's California Grill has a vegetarian zone on the menu. You might check Raglan Road in DDD. We love their food and my husband thinks it is the best restaurant at WDW. The Hollywood Brown Derby is a favorite for lunch--their cobb salad is delicious. We have the Dining Experience as well and use it at these restaurants. We will be there on the 29th of Sept. thru 2nd of Oct. at Saratoga.
    Good luck!

disneygeek

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    My cousin has an allergie to peanuts and every restaurant we went in we told them when we made reservations then when we go to the restaurant the head chef came out and showed him what he could have and in Cyrstal Palace the head chef baked him a bunch of roll separate of the others. Every restaurant we went in (Cyrstal Palace, Chef Mickey, Hollywood and Vine, Rainforest Cafe) was very accomodating.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Don't write off buffets just because of your allergies. Just make sure you note the allergy on the reservation and talk to the CM when you arrive. The chefs will be willing to make you plates of food specific to your needs. You just need to make sure you call ahead and let them know in advance.

You might also want to check out this page on AllEars.net: Dining with Food Allergies at Walt Disney World as well as Deb & Deb's book "Passporters Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs": PassPorter's Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs

DVCMike is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for all the info, everyone!
    DVC Member