Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss 2008 Disney Dining Plan - UPSET! in the Vacation Planning forums; Just a little rant here. I just printed the 2008 Disney Dining Plan and after reviewing it I noticed a few changes. We have used the DDP for the last ...
    Cinderelliefan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Bangkok, Thailand (originally from Louisiana)

Angry 2008 Disney Dining Plan - UPSET!

Just a little rant here. I just printed the 2008 Disney Dining Plan and after reviewing it I noticed a few changes. We have used the DDP for the last 5 trips and absolutely loved it. Now Disney has taken a few restaurants (like 10 at EPCOT) OFF the list. Gratuities are NOT included anymore. But if your party is 6 or more then they automatically add it to your bill. They have taken away the appetizer from the table service. And now you're supposedly saving only 37% as opposed to the 40% savings last year. But....the price has gone down one whole dollar.

I'm just not getting where this is a BETTER deal for all of us.

Anyone else feel the same?

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelliefan View Post
    Just a little rant here. I just printed the 2008 Disney Dining Plan and after reviewing it I noticed a few changes. We have used the DDP for the last 5 trips and absolutely loved it. Now Disney has taken a few restaurants (like 10 at EPCOT) OFF the list. Gratuities are NOT included anymore. But if your party is 6 or more then they automatically add it to your bill. They have taken away the appetizer from the table service. And now you're supposedly saving only 37% as opposed to the 40% savings last year. But....the price has gone down one whole dollar.

I'm just not getting where this is a BETTER deal for all of us.

Anyone else feel the same?
    It's not a better deal. I don't think anyone is claiming that it is. There are other threads about the new DDP elsewhere, so I'll just comment on the Epcot thing you mentioned: The same thing happened last year. Basically, the Epcot restaurants are not owned by Disney, so Disney has to negotiate with them each year as to whether or not they'll be on the DDP. Last year when the 2007 plan was announced, most of the World Showcase restaurants were not on it until a month or two later, when the negotiations had been made. I'm willing to bet the same thing will happen this year.

disneyfan55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just found out the other day that 2008 will be as you have stated. I don't like it either. Disney did have a gool deal escpecially when the meals are free. We booked the free meal plan that was available up until June (to be booked) for the week of Sept 22. We had a lot of trouble booking reservations. Not much was available for Sept. back in June.

zedxjay@verizon is offline A-Ticket holder
    We spoke to WDW today. As of 1/08 the gratuities will not to be included in the Dining Plan. As far as I know the gratuities for Florida is 15-20%

Sad to say,
    Deb

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I do think some servers are gonna get gyped out of tips. Right or wrong, it will happen. They should also be unhappy with the change.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

disneyfan55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The 2008 Dining Plan is described on their website. Also, no appitizer will be included.