Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Garden Grill Character Lunch in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anybody partaken in the Character Lunch at The GArden Grill? If so how is it? I have 2 boys (6 and 5) the older is a bit sensitive to ...
    NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder

Garden Grill Character Lunch

Has anybody partaken in the Character Lunch at The GArden Grill? If so how is it? I have 2 boys (6 and 5) the older is a bit sensitive to loud noises/environements, and what we've heard that this is one of the quieter experiences.

Anybody have any input to help with decision making process?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We have gone to the dinner. It was very quiet and not crowded at all. The characters had plenty of time to spend with us and we were able to take lots of pictures with them. It was very nice and there was a LOT of food. It was a great evening. We are going again in November. My boys are 11, 6, and 5 (daughter is 14) and I think it is a great character dinner to go to. I don't think they would have any problems with noise. Good luck!

Sounds great, thanks for the input. Do you have any other suggestions for dining? The Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace thing seems to overwhelming.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    I love LTT for dinner. The food is really good, the characters are great, plus it is really small
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Whispering Canyon might be one you would want to stay away from but is really fun. We liked Liberty Tree Tavern and Tony's at MK. For Epcot, Coral Reef might be a good choice but I think overall most would be good except for Biertgarten. At MGM, I might stay away from 50s Prime time unless you speak to the waitress and explain loud noises. It can be loud at time but if they are aware of that at the beginning, they would know not to have you join in. That is one of my favorite spots to eat. Sci Fi might be a good choice unless they are spooked by very dark lighting but it is a fun experience. There are so many good counter restaurants that you may find that you want to use them for the majority of your meals- unless you are on the dining plan.

I hope this all helps. But it is only my opinion, others may have more to share.

It certainly does help. I had a friend who did Whispering Canyon and he said it was great, but it is loud and rouwdy (definitely a must do in future years). My wife and I did Sci-Fi on a trip back when we were dating. I think they would like that too as it is not that loud and they would probably get a kick out of eating in the cars.

I deifnitely think we're going to try the Garden Grill for the character meal during our trip next September!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Garden Grill is fantastic for lunch. We've done it I think 4 or 5 times now. It's probably our favorite character dining experience. It's a calm atmosphere and the characters are constantly around to your table. You usually see each character 3-4 times during your meal. It's almost always Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. You get a great view of Living With the Land once you spin around to the back of the restaurant and some of the sound effects, like in the plains scenes, are great background noise.

The food is also awesome. Almost all of it was grown right there in the land (the veggies and the catfish and the fruit at dessert) so it's really fresh. I LOVE the stuffing they give you and the desserts are awesome. They even bring a cupcake with all sorts of goodies to decorate it with for the kids.

You and your kids will love it!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I wish I could agree with Garden Grill. My husband loved it though. It might have been because I got mildly motion sick.
    As far as quiet character meals go, definitely Liberty Tree Tavern. Those characters are very cute and it is not loud at all.
    Also, and I might be biased, but dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian with Cinderella, Prince Charming, the mice and the Fairy Godmother is great. It is also much calmer and the food is outstanding. They have a kid buffet so the kids (and even me sometimes) have plenty to choose from. We have always taken boys to this one. They blush when Cinderella comes around and love to hug the mice. Those are some cute pics.
    Good luck!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Second mention of LTT. How different are the menus?

Different from what? There really is not a menu that you order from. They bring you family style platters of food. It reminds me of a Thanksgiving dinner. Go to allears where they have the menus to all the restaurants. I printed them once so my family could see ahead of time what they were eating- very handy!
    I am now thinking you mean menus for the different restaurants.
    LTT, Thanksgiving food. Chef Mickey's, kind of all-American food. I remember eating Mickey head shaped pasta. GF- fancy and diverse. They have a carving station and a pasta station and the best Caesar salad. There is also a kids buffet. For me, for the money, the GF hands down. It also definitely depends on which characters you really want to see.

Got it.

Did you go look at the menus? Pretty neat feature! Sometimes I just randomly read them. A bit crazy I guess but what can I say? I'm a planner.