Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss The Dining Plan in the Vacation Planning forums; My mom and I was wondering how the dining plan works. We're thinking of getting it for our trip next year so we can eat at place's we've never eatin ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Question The Dining Plan

My mom and I was wondering how the dining plan works. We're thinking of getting it for our trip next year so we can eat at place's we've never eatin at before. I know you get 2 table service's a day and 1 counter service and a snack.
    If it is a very expenceive resturant then could we use our 2 table service's for one dinner, if we had our counter service for breakfast and snack for lunch?
    And what is considered a snack?
    I know a counter service is were you order at a counter and then seat your self right?
    Is the food court at the hotel considered a counter service meal?
    I would think it does but idk. So if anyone could tell us about the dining plan and their experince's with it, please share. Thanks so much
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

please if anyone can help I would greatly apprciate it!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i would help you.. but i havent used it yet.. i will in like 23 days!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

thats cool I look foward to hearing about your trip and experince with the dining plan. Thank you
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    The dining plan consists of 1 counter service, 1 sit down, and 1 snack per day. I think that there is one coming next year that has 2 sit downs per day. Yes, food courts at resorts count as counter services. Most things under $4 are considered snacks.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    We used it last year. In order to purchase the dining plan you have to be staying at a resort hotel. I happen to have my dining plan booklet for our next trip in Feb. right here. It came from our travel agent yesterday! So, here we go...
    For the regular plan,
    one quick service meal, one table service meal, one snack per person per night of your hotel stay. You do not have to use exactly that combination every day. They lump them all on your key to the world card and you can use them how you wish. You always get a receipt after your meal that tells you what you have remaining.
    Anything unused at the end of your stay expires. So, be prepared to use them all!
    A quick service is:
    Breakfast- juice, entree, non-alcoholic beverage or a combo meal plus one serving of non-alcohol or juice.
    Lunch and dinner you get the entree, non-alcoholic drink and a dessert or a combo meal plus a dessert and a drink.
    Much better value if you use it for dinner or lunch.
    Snacks:
    These are like a Mickey ice cream bar, rice krispie treat, pretzel, popcorn or a drink. There is a purple Ddp sign on the carts or menu board that easily identify to you what snacks are available at that location. Easy.
    Table service meals are like counter service, but at a sit down restaurant- entree, dessert, drink, or a buffet meal- like a character meal.
    Some character meals require two table service credits like hoop dee doo and Cinderella's Royal table.
    In 2007 your tip was included in what you paid for the dining plan. Unfortunately, in 2008 it will not be included except at the dinner shows.

To me, we saved a ton of money by having the dining plan last year. We had leftover snacks and before we left we went to our hotel's food court and bought snacks for the plane trip home to use up our credits. It is great to use at Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD.
    Most restaurants are on the dining plan.
    The regular dining plan is something like $35 per person per day. There is a premium dining plan that adds more meals- and is about $60 a day. I can't seem to find the info right now but I will look when I get home!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Thank you so so much, I really think I understand it now. I will ask my mom's friend that is a travel agent if we can get a book even if we have to pay for one I still would like to have it. But thank you again.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Here is the info on the 2008 dining plans from Mousesavers.com. They have to be purchased as part of a Magic Your Way package (room, tickets, and dining):

1. The price of the regular Dining Plan has been reduced by $1 per person per night, meaning the 2008 plan costs $37.99/adult and $9.99/child per night. However, it no longer includes gratuities or appetizers (but tax is still included). This is effectively a 15%-20% decrease in value. However, the Dining Plan remains a good deal for many people.
    2. A new Deluxe Dining Plan is available for $69.99/adult and $19.99/child per night. With this new plan, each guest receives 3 meals and 2 snacks per night . You can choose from table service or counter service for each meal (so if you can eat that much food, you might as well eat all table service meals). The table service meals include appetizer, entre, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. "Signature Restaurants" still count as 2 table service meals with this plan.You also receive a refillable mug per person, to be used at your resort.
    3. A "Wine & Dine" Plan can be added on to any package that includes dining for $39.99 per night. This allows you to enjoy one bottle of wine per night from a selected list. Click here to see the brochure for this option.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thank you Disneydame
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member