Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss so whats your fav meal? in the Vacation Planning forums; i'm eating at coral reef storybook breakfast with the princesses chef mickey-breakfast planet hollywood crystal palace-breakfast liberty tavern so what is some of you must not miss foods at these ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

so whats your fav meal?

i'm eating at

coral reef
    storybook breakfast with the princesses
    chef mickey-breakfast
    planet hollywood
    crystal palace-breakfast
    liberty tavern

so what is some of you must not miss foods at these dinning places..

and also as far as counter service in each park i have no idea of where is a good place to eat???

we always ate at the resort when we went last year..

so give me some ideas of appitzers and desserts and foods i shouldnt miss at these places
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

jenlar is offline A-Ticket holder
    A looooong time ago, the used to serve a seafood pie for lunch at Coral Reef. I've only eaten there in the evenings lately, and it's never been on the dinner menu. You may be able to request it, tho!

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's is one of the most fun meals in the whole World. I'm not gonna give a very original answer, but the Mickey waffles are addictive! Be sure to take your camera, and get ready to Celebrate!

For counter service...

Epcot: Electric Umbrella- Mostly burgers & fries, but they are good and it's always nice in cool inside. Also, there are some very healthy choices at The Land pavilion, including hot plate lunches with chicken and vegetables. All of the countries are good, too, but my absolute favorite is Yakitori House at the Japan pavilion.

MK: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe- a *huge* selection (including soups and salads!) and all the burger toppings are on bars. They even have mushrooms!

There are so many more good places. These are just a few of our favorites.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I havent eaten at any of the places on your list with the exception of Chef Mickey's , but that was for dinner.

Counter Service...let's see..............?????

MK-----Pecos Bill (Donnie loves the bacon double cheese burgers there and they have the fixin's bar)
    Pinochhio's Village Haus (Figaro Fries are the bomb)
    Columbia Harbor House (yummy sandwiches with coleslaw on them)
    Cant forget the Dole Whips in Adventureland

EP------Electric Umbrella (I agree with Jen , nice cool place to sit and eat, you can see the Fountain of Nations from there and the Island Chicken Salad--I think that is what it is called---is to DIE FOR)
    Sunshine Seasons at the Land pavillion (agree with Jen again, tons of choices and all very good--a bit confusing to navigate tho)
    Yakitori House (sorry Jen, you picked all the ones we like too...lol) Nice and quiet and beautiful view --not real crazy about the hike up the hill to it tho LOL

MGM--we have only eaten at Toy Story Pizza Planet Brent would like it for the video games (eat upstairs here)

AK---Flame Tree BBQ rocks! --take your food out behind it into one of the pavillions between the river and pond. Watch out for begging ducks. LOL

***Vixen walks up the street to the Tattoo parlor to borrow their gun and some ink for Chrissy's eyelids...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    coral reef - The crab cake (not cakes, cake) is awesome - expensive, but awesome
    crystal palace-breakfast - Everything there is so good. I've never been for breakfast but everything at lunch was so good I can't imagine breakfast not being so as well.
    liberty tavern - This restaurant is family style - you don't "order", you just get a little bit of everything they have and then ask for whatever you want more of. I remember the dessert being great and loving everything else too. LOL!!

As far as counter service is concerned I definitely second the Electric Umbrealla at Epcot. At the Magic Kingdom, Cosmic Rays or the Noodle Station in Tomorrowland are always yum. I'm not sure what parks you're going to but there is a BBQ place at Animal Kingdom that also awesome!

I still have a little over 20 days before I can make my dining reservations. Man I can't believe I have to wait until MAY!

Have fun!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    LOL Vixen beat me on the BBQ!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    At those particular places I'm not sure, Crystal Palace & Chef Mickeys are a buffet so you can try it all (don't miss the French Toast). In Coral Reef I would go with one of the fish dishes and not sure what they are offering at Liberty Tree Tavern these days but they always had good turkey and at Planet Hollywood I would keep it simple, the salads are good. As far as counter service try the chicken wrap at Pecos Bill's in MK, the ribs or chicken are really good at Flame Tree BBQ in AK, in Epcot there is such a variety it just really depends on what you like, the fish and chips in UK, burrito's in Mexico etc......As far as MGM goes, this is my least favorite park as far as food goes but there use to be a counter service place and I don't know if they shut it down or what but I remember you could sit out in a courtyard with a fountain and it sort of had a spanish style to it but the food was American, hamburgers and stuff. Anyway one thing is for sure you will never go hungry in WDW! Enjoy your meals .....Now I'm
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

jenlar is offline A-Ticket holder
    Columbia Harbor House (yummy sandwiches with coleslaw on them)
    Vixen! You've got good taste! This is the one I couldn't think of... and we eat there every time.

I also second (third? tenth? millionth? yes!) the Dole whips.

Don't forget your Eclair in France, either!

darrylpan is offline A-Ticket holder

Best meal

My favorite meal is the Pot Roast at 50s Prime Time Cafe. My favorite all you can eat meal is at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Favorite counter service is Cosmic Rays, and dont forget to wash it all down with a Margherita at Mexico...

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Love the Fixins Bar at Pecos Bills, but for a meal I gotta go with Beaches N Cream. A Cheeseburger and a No Way Jose. Can't beat it.
    My wife wants to give special mention to the Chocolate Brownie with Peanut Butter Mousse (available at Pecos Bills and Sunshine Seasons.) It's her favorite snack.