Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss 2008 Dining Plan - is it still good value??!! in the Vacation Planning forums; I wonder if anyone out there can be of help I live in England and am due to visit Disneyworld in April 2008 I have read about the changes to ...
    PJC
    PJC is offline A-Ticket holder

2008 Dining Plan - is it still good value??!!

I wonder if anyone out there can be of help

I live in England and am due to visit Disneyworld in April 2008

I have read about the changes to the dining plan and wonder if you all think it is still value for money

Many thanks

PJ

Mickey Fan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

Hi PJ,
    I've been thinking about buying the Deluxe DP in 2008. This plan has 3 meals (including appetizer) & 2 snacks per day. Also, the resort mug is included. The Deluxe plan is $70.99 vs the standard plan which is $37.99 a day. The standard plan is one counter service & 1 table service meal(no appetizer). I know the Deluxe sounds like a lot of food but we usually have two TS meals each day. If you dine at some of the restaurants that count as 2TS, the Deluxe would be a definite plus. You'd have to decide how many meals you'd use each day - would they be CS or TS and then compare the cost out of pocket vs the DP. For me, with a 12yr old boy, the DDP will probably be cost efficient.

You have to remember that the DDP no longer includes the tip either. I still think that it is a great value depending on the restaurants you choose to dine at. Another plus IMHO is to have the food all paid off before you even step foot on property.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I think it's a great value personally. In the past we spent a LOT of cash on food each day and I sat down to figure it out and using the Dining Plan on this next trip in May is going to save us a good chunk. Plus, like Melissa said, if you book it as part of your vacation package it's one of those costs you forget about y'know? Like for me, the food will almost feel "free" because I technically paid for it about 8 months before the trip when I booked my vacation.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I still think it's a great value and will plan on using the DDP anytime I go(without my dance team)
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i like the DDP it works for us
    you plan it right and it will save you alot of $$$$$
    and like the others said your food is payed for when you get there
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Both the DxDDP and the DDP are worth it if you are big eaters and like sit down meals at least once a day. The plans are certainly not for everyone, but if you purchase that much food anyways, it's a good deal!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I think the DDP may still be a good value, depending on where you like to eat. One thing you should look at are the differences in each plan. I think the standard plan is a good deal for what we use it for, which is alot of character meals.

Something I noticed when looking at the brochures for each 2008 plan (standard and deluxe) was several places seemed to be excluded in the deluxe plan, but not the standard. (Unless I read it wrong.)
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC View Post
    I wonder if anyone out there can be of help

I live in England and am due to visit Disneyworld in April 2008

I have read about the changes to the dining plan and wonder if you all think it is still value for money

Many thanks

PJ
    Hey there!!

We have opted for the Dining Plan on our next trip in 2008 and like others have said, I still think it is worth it! Just think - no need to worry about paying for all those meals and you don't have to worry what you eat of the menus because you're on a budget!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney