Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Restaurant Suggestions in the Vacation Planning forums; Can anyone give me some advice. Its nearly 180 days until my visit to Disney and I am trying to complete my list of my chosen restaurants to visit. We ...
    PJC
    PJC is offline A-Ticket holder

Restaurant Suggestions

Can anyone give me some advice. Its nearly 180 days until my visit to Disney and I am trying to complete my list of my chosen restaurants to visit.

We are due to visit for 14 nights. I have chosen 13 different restaurants to visit but cant decide on the last one!

Toss up betwen Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West or Trails End at Fort Wilderness or Grand Floridian Cafe at Grand Floridian Resort

Any suggestions greatly received

Would have liked to gone to Restaurant Marrakesh at Epcot or Maya Grill but they are not listed on the 2008 dining plan

Many thanks

PJ

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Would you mind listing for us all of the other restaurants you are planning on visiting? That might make the choice easier. When in doubt I always choose the GF.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've heard Olivia's has gone downhill, I wouldn't go out of my way to go there but on the other hand I would go out of my way to go to Trail's End. Good food for the right price.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

PJC

restaurant suggestions

OK here goes, hope this works, never tried a reply before!!!

We are planning to visit
    Boma
    Cape May Cafe
    Spoodles
    Shutters - chose this as we are staying at Caribbean and our plane from UK dosnt get in until evening
    Kona Cafe
    Ohana
    A Buffet with Character at the Crystal Palace
    Tony's Town Square
    Coral Reef
    Le Cellier
    Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
    Tusker House - have been advised that this will be a buffet restaurant when we go in April 08
    Cap'n Jack's

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sounds like a nice line up (personally I am not a fan of Tony's but that 's just my opinion) but as I mentioned in the above post I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Olivia's and now that I see you are not staying at Old Key West I definitely would not go. If you do decide on Trails End make it on a day when you are at the Magic Kingdom and you can take a boat right over to Fort Wilderness. Just make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to get from one place to another.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

PJC

restaurant suggestions

Thanks for the advice

We had planned to go to Tonys on one of the days we were in Magic Kingdom, but with your suggestion we could possibly change and go to Trails End on this day or do you have any other suggestions for Magic Kingdom which are included in the Dining Plan

Regards

PJ

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have visited both within the last month :
    Trails end is great for the money.... great homestyle cooking. this is a buffet, so you can go back for more.
    Olivia's food is great too .. you get tons of food. this is not a buffet.

Either one you choose is GREAT eats ! Enjoy !

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I liked Tony's the next time we eat there we are going to try and time it for the night time parade and eat on the patio as we watch!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am pesonally a big fan of Caseys Corner and when you go to cape Mays Cafe you should go to Beaches and Cream for Ice Cream!!
    Eric

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you really want Restaurant Marrakesh at Epcot or Maya Grill, don't let the fact that they are not on the official list scare you off. Disney has to negotiate contracts with the restaurants at the resorts and World Showcase every year. The ones at World Showcase tend to be added to the list VERY late in the year because they are not actually owned by Disney. So, ask Disney Dining to check their list. Both of those restaurants have participated in the DDP and I would be very surprised if they didn't in 2008.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I thought Tony's was okay. The restaurant itself was neat though. We really liked the Palace restaurant. It is across the street from Casey's Corner at the opposite end of Main St from Tony's. Either that or Liberty Tree Tavern, which is a character meal. Either that, or hop the monorail to the Contemporary and eat at Chef Mickey's. Yummy and Mickey Mouse.
    Your list looks great and pretty well rounded. It is making me hungry.
    Dreams Really Do Come True