Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Refillable Mugs in the Vacation Planning forums; I have read somewhere about refillable mugs Can anyone give me some more info Where do I purchase them, at the parks or resort, we are staying at the Caribbean ...
    PJC
    PJC is offline A-Ticket holder

Refillable Mugs

I have read somewhere about refillable mugs

Can anyone give me some more info

Where do I purchase them, at the parks or resort, we are staying at the Caribbean Beach

What can I fill them up with & where do I fill the up. Is there particular drinks stations you go to fill the up yourself or does someone at a restaurant fill them up for you. Can you rinse them out if you change to a different drink in the day??

Are they very big, do they get in the way when you go on the ride?

Many thanks for any info

PJ

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I believe they are only for your resort. You can't take them into the parks. My sister had one last trip- she would fill it up at the food court when we got back from the parks.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Cinderella is right they are for the resorts and not the parks. You can purchase yours at the Carribean Beach. They use to have them right in the rooms but not sure if that is the case anymore and if you opened them they would charge it to your room. You can use them at the food court where you can fill up your own mug with soda, coffee, tea etc.. Rinsing them out is up to you, you can do that right in your room. Last time I checked they ran about $12.50 each so you would have to decide if that was worth it for you, if you are spending most of the time in the parks it may not be.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile

We purchase our Refillable mugs at the resort counter service restaurant. Some folks will fill them in the morning and carry the mug with them during a day in the parks, we just fill them in the morning with coffee or tea. In the evening we just fill them with soft drinks.
    Normally what beverages are available:
    Coffee
    Hot tea
    soda
    lemonade
    fruit punch
    hot chocolate
    You fill and refill them at the resort counter service restaurant, normally this is a 'self-serve' practice.
    I don't know if they get in the way on rides or not as I never have taken one into a park.
    Hope this info helps!
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Currently you can buy the mugs at the resort food courts/counter serve restaurants. They will be pretty easy to find. There are two styles: a mug and a commuter/travel mug shape.

Also, at the food courts at Port Orleans, and probably the other resorts too, there is a mug-washing station so you can rinse out the mug before refilling it.

Check out Refillable Mugs at Disney Resorts for a list of where the mugs are available and can be refilled.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I have yet to buy one. I am too tired by the time we get back to the room to run to the food court to fill it and way too tired in the morning to even notice if I had washed it out or not before I put something else in it. I would rather spend the money on a resort pin- they also take up less room in my very full suitcase.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    We always buy a resort mug each as soon as we get there!! I have found with my boys that they save an awful lot of money ( they are very thirsty little men!) and they have been a lifesaver for me.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I drank so much when we got them that I didn't even feel the need to eat. The ice thingy(totally blanking on the name for it) made it that much better for me because I normally dont get those sorts of things. I also had a lot of fun experimenting with the pop and mixing the flavors. I would wake up every morning and make the long walk and by the time i got back to my room i wouldnt have any drink left so i would have to walk back again. It was great. Also when I got cold one day coming back to the resort, the hot chocolate was right there(although it was really hot so i added some milk to it). I think these are great.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    They are definately worth the price for us. Anytime we are at the resort, we go down to "fill up" at least twice (once when we get there, and once when we leave).
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I read that the DIsney Deluxe dining plan includes a refillable mug. That stinks - I thought I could take it into the parks with me! They literally won't let you carry it in?
    It was all started by a mouse!

You could probably take it in with you if it was empty, but I doubt they would let you use it anywhere except for a drinking fountain.

I'm not 100% positive, though.