Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Best Large Group Dining? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone, I'm heading to WDW in January, and on one day of our trip we'll have 9 people together in the Animal Kingdom. I'm trying to come up with ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Best Large Group Dining?

Hi Everyone,

I'm heading to WDW in January, and on one day of our trip we'll have 9 people together in the Animal Kingdom. I'm trying to come up with the best place close by for this large group to have a table service meal. I'd say Tusker House or Yak & Yeti, but I have no idea what the menu will be at this point. I also have some picky eaters in the group.

Any suggestions?

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    If you're in Animal Kingdom, your choices really are limited for table service - Tusker House and Yak & Yeti, plus Rainforest Cafe at the entrance. Supposedly both those restaurants will be opening this month, and I'm sure AllEarsNet.com will have the menus up as soon as possible.

If you choose to leave AK but want to stay nearby/in the AK spirit, Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge might work for your large group. There is a variety of foods, but not 'scary' food and very helpful chefs who could help even the pickiest of eaters find something they like.

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I agree with Pat....try Boma! The food is always wonderful and they will have no problem accomodating you as long as you make ADR's. We had a party of 11 there Summer of 2006. Just hop on the buses outside of DAK and it will be a quick ride over to the AKL to get to Boma!

But if you are going in January and have a party of 9 I would get on it and make ADR's!

Thank you all for the feedback. We've been to Boma a number of times, and we tried to get a ADR for Boma for that night, and no dice.

Has anyone just arrived there? How long was the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
    Has anyone just arrived there? How long was the wait?
    We did that once when we had a late (9 PM) ADR. We showed up at 4:30 with a party of 5 hoping to get in early and they told us if we came back around 8:30 they may be able to seat us a little early. That however was in June, so you may have better luck in January, but I wouldn't count on it....have a back up plan.

Just a suggestion Benjo....did you try getting ADR's for a split party amount? Maybe one table of 4 and one table of 5? Or to be safe.....two tables of 5. We have done this in the past and although they will tell you "we cannot guarantee that the tables will be sat together" we have never had an issue and have always been seated next to each other and usually have the tables moved together. It might be worth a shot. Also....keep calling back at least every couple of days checking for availability, especially the closer you get to your vacation time. Cancellations happen on a daily basis and I've been lucky many times getting exactly what I wanted with a little persistance!

Thanks for the suggestion. We had actually called Boma last night for a split table ADR, and so that's what we're booked as right now.