Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Upgraded Disney Dining Experience Process & New Tip Policy at WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; I just received the email below. It sounds like everyone will be forced to tip 18% on all meals regardless of DDP, DDE, or cash. Is that what everyone else ...
    ultramm is offline A-Ticket holder

Upgraded Disney Dining Experience Process & New Tip Policy at WDW

I just received the email below. It sounds like everyone will be forced to tip 18% on all meals regardless of DDP, DDE, or cash. Is that what everyone else reads? I guess thet are doing this because they pulled tips out of DDP???

They won't care as they get their 18% no matter what. I always beleived tipping was tipping and not a service charge or VAT(Vatue added tax)!

Greetings from the Disney Dining Experience Team!

As 2008 quickly approaches, you will begin to see some exciting new developments for the Disney Dining Experience Membership Program. You asked and we listened! Effective November 11, 2007, you will no longer have to wait 3  6 weeks to receive your permanent membership card(s).

Guest Relations locations at Epcot., MAGIC KINGDOM. Park, DISNEYS ANIMAL KINGDOM. Theme Park, Disney-MGM Studios, DOWNTOWN DISNEY. West Side, and DOWNTOWN DISNEY. Marketplace will now be able to print permanent Disney Dining Experience membership cards for immediate use. This service is designed for existing and new members. Cards produced at the Guest Relations locations will be printed on paper stock similar to the annual pass tickets.
    The Disney Dining Experience office will still be available to take applications for current and new members, via the phone, fax or mail for those who do not want to take advantage of the in-park service. Membership cards ordered through the Disney Dining Experience office will be received within 2 - 3 weeks of purchase.

All Guests who have ordered their Disney Dining Experience membership cards prior to November 11, 2007 date will have to pickup their temporary cards at the main entrance Epcot. Guest Relations. Your permanent card will be sent through the mail and arrive in 3-4 weeks from the date of purchase.

We would also like to inform you that the Walt Disney World. Resort will be implementing an across property policy change regarding gratuity at all food and beverage locations. Effective January 1, 2008, 18% gratuity will be added to all transactions, regardless of party size. Thank you for your continued support.
    Cheers!

The Disney Dining Experience Team
    Robert
    DisneyRunning.com
    DisneyRunning.com Forum
    Going for Goofy #4 in 09

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    So in other words....

Those of us who normally leave more than 20% probably aren't going to figure out the 2+%: and therefore, the servers will get less.

People on DDP will be getting a bill just for their gratuity.

A party of 2 will now be treated like parties of 8+ more.

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Dyou think ddp will be just like dde? That is kind of crummy. Amanda, did you get the dining plan when you made your reservation? I am going to look and see what my info says.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Well that is just ****.... I mean what if you have a really bad server and you do not feel that they deserve 18%?? I had one woman for a dinner at the Spirit of Aloha and she was less than plessant but since the dinner was already paid for us we did not have to pay her. But 18% for someone that does not do their job professionally is just bad. I mean I always tip at least 15% no matter where I am. It is a rare occassion that I tip less than that. But to require 2 people to tip the same as a large party is just bad! This may affect my Dining the next time I am in Disney.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    let me rephase things....the dining experience card will not be beneficial for us. but you would have to eat TS for every meal to break even.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 11-09-2007 at 10:22 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Hopefully the CMs will get all the tips.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Vix, I am glad you are helping to clarify. I am going to have to save more change just for the tips! I cleaned out my purse yesterday on my sister's kitchen counter. I have been saving my change and just chucking it in there. She said, "Um. You have a problem. There is over $11.00 here in just quarters." I politely reminded her I was doing that on purpose. Now it is in a plastic baggy and not weighing me down.

I usually leave 2 pennies for a really bad person. Like leaving my 2 cents- because they stunk. Otherwise my DH gets annoyed because I tip fairly well most of the time. It was so great last year having all of this included. Oh, well. Everything good always changes.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    I think the 18% required is just for the DDE and not the DDP I am glad you posted this cause it reminded me I wanted to call them and ask about this. Since their is no tipping at CS I think we will skip the DDE and just go ahead and eat fewer TS. The DDE is not good for CS in the parks and I dont want to eat tons of sit downs just to break even on the card. The 20% you save per meal doesnt save you anyting but the tip cost plus... big wow...2% Not worth the 65 bucks to us to buy it.
    Your math is flawed. You are saving more than 2%.

Let's say I go to Artist Point and spend $250 without the DDE. I add on an 18% tip and spend $295.

I spend $65 on the DDE and have the same meal - they add the tip off the $250, but subtract the 20% DDE discount. I now spend $245 on our meal. I've still saved $50 on a single meal.

Do that over the course of a vacation, and the DDE can more than pay for itself! It's still a great deal.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC