Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Japan's New Hibachi Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, I can't remember what the new name of this is, but it is the Hibachi style dinner where they cook it right in front of you. I have been ...
    PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic

Thumbs down Japan's New Hibachi Dining

Ok, I can't remember what the new name of this is, but it is the Hibachi style dinner where they cook it right in front of you. I have been going to this place since it opened. I LOVED it. I will say that the place is now very beautiful inside. It definitely needed the rehab in the decorating sense. As far as the meal was concerned though, I was a bit disappointed.

You used to get a small salad with a wonderful Ginger dressing and a soup that was always good. These are no longer included. If you want either of them you have to order it separately. The salad was split between my mom and I and the dressing is definitely not the same. It is much more bitter and bland than I can ever remember. They are offering sushi that you can have "cooked" on the grill in front of you which is a nice touch, I didn't get this. The meal itself was just ok. I have had better Japanese Steak House meals at places in NJ and Washington DC then I did here. I can't say what the differences are but the food was not near as good as it used to be.

Unfortunately, I do not know if I am going to go back there anytime soon. This is troubling as it was always a staple for us to go there.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sorry to hear about your disappointing meal. My daughter will be very disappointed about the salad dressing being changed. I can't believe they don't include the salad anymore with the meal. I know it's just a small thing but you know what they say about small things adding up, I have to believe that if Disney keeps taking away from it's guests that it will come back to bite them in the **** (you get the idea)
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!