Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Adult Beverages; Dad's Electric Lemonade in the Vacation Planning forums; Am looking for the recipe for an adult beverage I had at the 50's prime time at MGM From All Ears I know what is in the drink but not ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Adult Beverages; Dad's Electric Lemonade

Am looking for the recipe for an adult beverage I had at the 50's prime time at MGM

From All Ears I know what is in the drink but not how much of each. It was served in a large tumbler over ice. It would be great to serve for Holiday Parties but I do not have a clue as to how much of each to add.

Dad's Electric Lemonade - Dad whips up an electrifying blue drink with rum, vodka, blue curacao, sweet and sour mix and Sprite $9.50

This was so good. I'd put it on my highly recommended list even though I really love the 50's milk shakes too, but some days those adult beverages just seem to hit the spot.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I looked in 2 of my Disney cookbooks and couldn't find anything. If you know someone who is going down to the world you can ask them to pick up the recipe at the Prime Time. Or what may be more fun is to experiment with the ingredients until you get it right.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    The club soda in the recipe below can be swapped out for sprite. It will make it a little sweeter.

2 oz. Sweet and Sour Mix
    1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
    1/2 oz. Gin
    1/2 oz. Light Rum
    1/2 oz. Vodka
    Club Soda or Sprite

I forgot where i found it online but i had the recipe -
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Am looking for the recipe for an adult beverage I had at the 50's prime time at MGM

From All Ears I know what is in the drink but not how much of each. It was served in a large tumbler over ice. It would be great to serve for Holiday Parties but I do not have a clue as to how much of each to add.

Dad's Electric Lemonade - Dad whips up an electrifying blue drink with rum, vodka, blue curacao, sweet and sour mix and Sprite $9.50

This was so good. I'd put it on my highly recommended list even though I really love the 50's milk shakes too, but some days those adult beverages just seem to hit the spot.
    Ok I had this at Originally at Prime Time MGM however they did duplicate it at POR, inside bar. It turns into a pretty Aqua Blue. If it is too greenish you're shy on the blue curacao. My son (adult) obtained it this week at Prime Time. We taste tested it, this is it!

rum: 3/4 oz.
    sky vodka 3/4 oz.
    blue curacao l oz.
    Sweet & Sour Mix 3 oz. (Mr. & Mrs. T, theirs doesn't have that soapy after taste)
    And 2 oz of sprite over ice.

Remember, Aqua blue. Also both at Prime Time and POR it was twice the size, probably 'cause it was twice the price, $9.50 So I'm guessing they doubled it.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-12-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Do they sever this in a hi-ball glass? I know alot of places that would put this in a Martini glass and call it Electric Lemmonade Martini and charge $15.00 for it. That seems to be a popular way of serving drinks now, smaller glasses and bigger bar tabs.
    Last edited by GIOny; 02-12-2008 at 03:44 PM.

At Prime Time it was in a stemmed beer Stine. At POR it was in a plastic tumbler.

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    Do they sever this in a hi-ball glass? I know alot of places that would put this in a Martini glass and call it Electric Lemmonade Martini and charge $15.00 for it. That seems to be a popular way of serving drinks now, smaller glasses and bigger bar tabs.
    The funny thing is that i went out to eat last night and Electric Lemonade was on the menu (minus the Dad) and so I ordered it and it came in a Martini glass, it was the same ingredients that you mentioned and it was really good

My guess is the only difference in the small glass to tall is the amount of
    sprite and ice cubes. Liquor probably the same. Yum.

Yes, I definitely tasted the liquor, but not overpowering. It came in a nice size martini glass and they gave me the remainder of the drink in the shaker. It was well worth it. See, I would of never known about this drink unless I was on these boards.

And from now on if I really like something I'll ask for the recipe right away.