Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Artist Point vs. Yachtsman Steakhouse in the Vacation Planning forums; So, with a planned trip to the Polynesian coming up sometime in June or July (calling travel agent today), we're starting to look at restaurants too. Ohanas and Kona Cafe ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Artist Point vs. Yachtsman Steakhouse

So, with a planned trip to the Polynesian coming up sometime in June or July (calling travel agent today), we're starting to look at restaurants too. Ohanas and Kona Cafe are already down as definites. We also have a few other tentatives that we may or may not do (Chef Mickeys, Boma, ect.). Anyway, the two most expensive restarants on our "to do list" are the Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point. We've never dined at either.

As stated, the only definites are Ohana and Kona Cafe. We have more restaurants picked out then we're likely going to have days at WDW, so somethings got to go somewhere. Since Yachtsman and Artist Point are the most expensive, it will probably be one of them.

So, for those that have been to both, what would you suggest? Which one do you think was better?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Well it really depends on what you like. Have you checked out the menus......Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World I have been to both and while they are both very good restaurants I had a less then stellar experience at Artist Point. But that was just one time and one meal. If you like steak then by all means go to the Yachtsman but if you are looking for fish well I would go to Artist Point but if you are looking for their "Wild" King Salmon then I would check first to see if it really is "Wild". They state on their menu that it is and they charge you enough for it but it was only after I asked (after I had already ordered) that they told me it was not wlld but farm raised. I was told it was not salmon season (then they should put that on their menu). I know that I'm probably making a bigger deal of it then I should but I believe in truth in advertising and there are certain health issues with eating to much farm raised fish. From what I hear (although I have never been) Flying Fish is supposed to be very good (it's over near the Boardwalk).
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Artist Point features items from the Pacific Northwest and some exotic items as well. Some of the exotic items include; ostrich (tastes like.......not chicken, but beef!), elk, rabbit sausage and buffalo. It is also known for it's wine list.

I can't comment on the Yachtsman as I have never had a meal there.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    The Buffalo at Artist Point is awesome! I really enjoyed that! I have been twice to Artist Point and would go back again tomorrow if I could. I haven't been to Yachtman but that might be a good possibility for next trip.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i've never been to Artist Point so i can't fairly judge....however, i will say that my family and i love love love the yachtsman steakhouse...they have the best steak! and for a while i wasn't eating red meat and i would still get excited to eat there.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Is it one meal or two if you use the DP on these?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Artist Point is 2. I dont' know about Yachtsman.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Artist Point and Yachtsman are both 2 point meals.

For me, hands down, it's AP all the way. Love the atmosphere, the food is fab and Izzy is the best server in all of WDW!!