Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Help! Need a Resturaunt in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello Everyone! My boyfriend and I are going to DisneyWorld on tuesday for a week, its my first time going. We will be there for Valentines so I was wondering ...
    jafarsminion is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Help! Need a Resturaunt

Hello Everyone!
    My boyfriend and I are going to DisneyWorld on tuesday for a week, its my first time going. We will be there for Valentines so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a nice place to eat thats not too pricey or too formal. We are both still "kids at heart", however we dont want to "kiddish".. if that at all makes sense. Anways its a surprise for him so I cant ask his opinion. Any suggestions would be great!! Thank you soo much!

--Zak

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Well without knowing what you like to eat and what you consider "pricey," I'd recommend browsing the menus to see what suits you. http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
    The only restaurant that requires a dress code is V&A's.

Some of my favorite places to eat are Le Cellier, Brown Derby, Restaurant Marrakesh, and 'Ohana. If you don't want kiddish, then you may want to avoid the character meals. If you are looking for romantic atmosphere, then I would avoid the buffet restaurants. I just don't find buffets to be romantic when you are fetching your own food.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome to the boards, Zak!

You might try calling 407-wdw-dine and ask their suggestions and check availability. I don't know how busy the 'romantic' restaurants would be on valentines day.

Are you looking to eat inside one of the theme parks (requiring admission), or at one of the resorts?

California Grill, at the top of the Contemporary Resort, is very nice when you have a priority seating timed to catch Wishes! from the rooftop. Check AllEarsNet (link in Amanda's excellent post) to see if the price is within your budget.

Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom - inspired by Lady & the Tramp's romantic dinner, not too fussy.

San Angel Inn in Mexico, Epcot - very dark & romantic, it's inside but it looks like you are dining outdoors by a river with a volcano in the distance. Food is good but not Epcot's best, but it's not pricey either.

Brown Derby is the nicest, most adult choice in Disney-MGM Studios, but for fun, Sci Fi Dine-in Theater is like eating in a 50's drive-in. Food is of the burgers, shakes, & fries style, and the movie clips are definite B-flicks, but it's dark and starry skies even at noon. They might even let you have the back seat.

Amanda made some really good suggestions too. 'Ohana at the Polynesian is nice, and the grounds of the resort are beautiful for an after-dinner walk and watching the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pagent from the beach.

When you do decide, be sure to make a Priority Seating reservation so you don't have to wait a long time for a table.

Hope this helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/dnews.html check out this web site they show menus, try one of the restaurants at one of the resorts

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree 'Ohana would be a great place.
    Eric

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    even the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian is good

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    The Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is a personal favorite, as is Artist Pointe in Wilderness Lodge, California Grill, and the Coral Reef in Epcot
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jafarsminion is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you Everyone for your responses! We are leaving for the airport in an hour, so off to WDW! Yay im so excited. Thanks again for all the helpful input