Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Dining Discuss 2008 Free Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; My mom is thinking about booking a trip for September or October of '08. Does anyone know when the free dining plan dates are usually released or if they are ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

2008 Free Dining

My mom is thinking about booking a trip for September or October of '08. Does anyone know when the free dining plan dates are usually released or if they are offering it again this year? We were hoping to book during free dining, so the sooner the dates become available the sooner we will be able to start planning our trip. Does it usually extend into October?..That is our preferred time to go, however, if it only runs through September then we will definitely go then instead.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    In the past, I'm pretty sure free dining ended prior to October.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

yeah, I was thinking that too...Does anyone else know when dates are usually released?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Dates are usually released in April. It's offered to people who have the Disney Chase Visa card first and then he general public. I'm waiting for free dining as well but so far I have not heard any rumors about it returning. I sent Lou an email weeks ago in hopes that he would cover it on his show but so far he hasn't gotten to it that I know of. I do know that guests who were taking advantage of the free dining in 07 were given a chance to book a stay with free dining in 08. So because of that I'm hopeful that it will return becasue of this because its a very popular program.

I am torn though. I am considering getting a hotel through priceline.com and going in June but if I do that then a trip in September would be out of the question.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 12-31-2007 at 10:30 AM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    My mom is thinking about booking a trip for September or October of '08. Does anyone know when the free dining plan dates are usually released or if they are offering it again this year? We were hoping to book during free dining, so the sooner the dates become available the sooner we will be able to start planning our trip. Does it usually extend into October?..That is our preferred time to go, however, if it only runs through September then we will definitely go then instead.
    MouseSavers.com - Historical Information on Walt Disney World Resort Discounts

2005: book from 6/2 - 7/3 for stays between 8/21 - 10/4
    2006: book from 4/4 - 6/4 (three days earlier for Disney Visa) for stays between 8/13 - 9/30, and book 6/2 - 6/25 for stays between 8/20 - 9/30
    2007: book from 4/12 - 6/24 (three days earlier for Disney Visa) for stays between 8/26 - 9/22

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I'm in the UK and I know we get different offers at different times. But as for the Free Dining Plan, we have managed to get it for our next trip which is in September/Octoner.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Just curious, how many of you all out there think that free dining will return? And do you think it would help to call CR and ask about the free DDP and go ahead and book a tip for September?
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think it will return, since when I was there in August, they were offering the "bounce back" promotion for Free Dining if you were willing to book right then and there. You can call, but they're not going to have any information to give you. If you know you want to go in September, I would go ahead and book it now, and if/when Free Dining is announced, call back and convert your reservation to the Free Dining package. If you only want to go *if* Free Dining is offered, then just keep checking Mouse Savers every day until it's announced, and book then.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    MouseSavers.com - Historical Information on Walt Disney World Resort Discounts

2005: book from 6/2 - 7/3 for stays between 8/21 - 10/4
    2006: book from 4/4 - 6/4 (three days earlier for Disney Visa) for stays between 8/13 - 9/30, and book 6/2 - 6/25 for stays between 8/20 - 9/30
    2007: book from 4/12 - 6/24 (three days earlier for Disney Visa) for stays between 8/26 - 9/22

Thanks for the info! It gives us a better idea about what to expect.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I think it will return, since when I was there in August, they were offering the "bounce back" promotion for Free Dining if you were willing to book right then and there. You can call, but they're not going to have any information to give you. If you know you want to go in September, I would go ahead and book it now, and if/when Free Dining is announced, call back and convert your reservation to the Free Dining package. If you only want to go *if* Free Dining is offered, then just keep checking Mouse Savers every day until it's announced, and book then.
    I was thinking about booking for Septmeber BUT I'm torn about booking one for June by getting a room from Priceline.com for 10 days and spending a few at Universal as well. I'll have to take my kids out of school in September and the trip will only be 7 days. The june trip could go two weeks. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I was thinking about booking for Septmeber BUT I'm torn about booking one for June by getting a room from Priceline.com for 10 days and spending a few at Universal as well. I'll have to take my kids out of school in September and the trip will only be 7 days. The june trip could go two weeks. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Hmm...that is a toughie, but if crowds are a big factor for you I would go for the September. While we were in there in Sept of '06 the parks were literally empty, no waits for ANYTHING. June is definitely a busy time for Disney, my mom's first trip was during June and she swears she'll never do it again. She said it was so crowded and miserably hot that she can remember her flip flops beginning to melt/stick to the pavement. No matter when you choose, you are sure to have a blast--its WDW! Just my two cents, but you guys pick what's right for you.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Our first trip was in July '03 and the second was in June of '05. and yes it was hot!

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    does anyone know whether or not you can get the free dining if you book through a travel agent or if you have to book completely through disney?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
    does anyone know whether or not you can get the free dining if you book through a travel agent or if you have to book completely through disney?
    We have always used an Agent and the last decade or so they booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, so it is all kinda in house. We have wound up with several unexpected perks this way. Once they moved us from POR because it was over sold and into AK Lodge the first few months it opened. Another year they WD Travel over booked their share of a flight, called us a few days prior to departure and moved us to a flight 2 hours later. They gave us $400.00 in Disney Dollars, turned over at check in at the hotel. I'm a fan of the Agent booking through Walt Disney Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
    I spoke with a AAA travel agent about a trip in Sept. 2007 and they had no idea free dining was being offered. The other companies I spoke with were ready to book for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast