Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Opinions on Spirit of Aloha at Poly in the Vacation Planning forums; We are staying at the Polynesian for the first time later this year and would like to try the dinner show. I have seen it twice, once in '91 and ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Opinions on Spirit of Aloha at Poly

We are staying at the Polynesian for the first time later this year and would like to try the dinner show. I have seen it twice, once in '91 and again in '94 as our rehersal night dinner with our wedding party and family. I remember liking it both times and our girls will too I'm sure. I have not heard anything about it lately. Can anyone give me an update? Food, entertainment, good? bad? We would like to also try the Ohana Character breakfast. We have done Chef Mickeys three times and have decided this is the trip we try new things.
    Thanks

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll be attending the Luau on Jan 8 and I'll let you know. It will be my first.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I went in December '06. It was just ok. The food was excellent, but it was not the best luau I had been to. To me, Hoop-Dee Doo is much better.

I have never eaten at Ohana before, my grandparents did a couple of years ago, and they loved it.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I forgot all about the Hoop-De-Doo! I think I will look into that also. I haven't been there in years. The kids might enjoy that a little more.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I went to the Spirit of Aloha in October of 07 and it was okay.

The salad with the pineapple bread was fantastic! The entree was good and the dessert was alright... The show it self was just okay. I mean it starts off very slow, but some of the dances are really great but others are just okay. And the story line to me was bad. That was just my opinion. Not sure if it was worth all of that money, but since we had it paid for off of our DIsney Honeymoon Registry it was good for free.. LOL
    Last edited by ChipNDale; 01-17-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I went last year and I would say that the food is just ok, maybe a bit above average, but I thought the show was worth it. I've heard that Hoop de doo is better though, but you should be the judge yourself!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    I went to the Luau 1/8/07.. Food was awesome... ribs could use a little more time with sauce cooked in them but otherwise very good. Coconut bread was good. We had a extra one an took it for breakfast next day. YUM!! The show was very slow and boring first two segments. When it finally started..storyline was slow...had to know every place and what where why etc...The finale was what made the show worth the money. Don't miss it and if u can record it..the guy works real hard.
    As a side note..if u go to the 8 pm show and staying on ground and not driving, get out very very fast to the monorails and ride to Epcot or get on a bus to Downtown Disney. DO NOT go to Magic Kingdom in hopes of riding a bus to your resort. They took us from MK after a 45 min wait and dumped us at Wilderness Lodge to catch a bus to Downtown Disney that never came. They sent the same bus back to us 45 min later to bring us to our resort. We were literally left out in the cold at a bus stop at the wilderness lodge and it took over 2 hrs to get back to the resort.

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have been several times through the years, most recently for my Honeymoon in Oct '06. The food was only mediocre, but the atmosphere is fantastic. The show is a LITTLE sleepy (not sure how old your kids are). My new husband thought it was nice and relaxing, but he was a bit bored. We wanted tropical drinks (which are not included) and we ended spending ANOTHER 70 bucks on 4 drinks (beer or wine that comes with it just didn't seem to go with the tropical setting).

We also went to Hoop Dee Doo, and that was overall more "fun." We laughed, sang along, and the food is yummy!! I think the kids might like one better (and the sangria is really great and is included).
    Last edited by Tikikrissy; 01-17-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo
    It was all started by a mouse!