Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Going to a restaurant and not eating? in the Vacation Planning forums; So we've been planning this Polynesian trip for a while now. My mother had the idea of inviting my sisters boyfriend along with us, so now he will be staying ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Going to a restaurant and not eating?

So we've been planning this Polynesian trip for a while now. My mother had the idea of inviting my sisters boyfriend along with us, so now he will be staying with my mother, sister and I in the same room. Don't know how I feel about that, but that's neither here nor there. My sister's boyfriend claims that he gets sick if he eats breakfast in the morning. My sister is somewhat pitching a fit that she doesn't think its right for us to eat breakfast if he's not going to.

My sister has hypoglycemia and really should't skip breakfast, though she wants to because of her boyfriend. Then my mother and I aren't about to sacrfice our first try of Tonga Toast while were there. By the time we invited him, we already had all of our dining arrangements planned out.

Is it really that rude to go have breakfast when someone else doesn't/won't eat something? I don't think it is, as its thier choice, but yeah, just wanted some other opinions on it as well as a quick question: The majority of the breakfasts we have planned out are either at Captain Cook's or at Kona Cafe. However, on the day we leave we have breakfast reservations at 1900 Park Fare. What are these restaurants' policies for people that come and don't want to eat? We're especially worried about the 1900 since they are a character thing and it is a buffet. Can we not go to these restaurants now or will my sisters boyfriend like have to stay in the room while we have breakfast? Didn't know what the restaurants policies were on stuff like this.
    Last edited by Sorria; 02-18-2008 at 10:41 AM.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

princessariel is online now Fastpass Holder
    I don't think it is....that's his choice....it's not like you are sneaking off and leaving him in the room. He could order a drink at the places. I think if the majority of your table is ordering they won't have an issue with him being there.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

princessariel is online now Fastpass Holder
    I would call and double check though.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    do what you want to do. You're not excluding him. He's excluding himself. That's his call.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    do what you want to do. You're not excluding him. He's excluding himself. That's his call.
    I agree. You're going on vacation, get absolutely everything done that you want to while you're there. My guess is that you will be okay without him eating at most place but I would call to make sure, esp. about 1900 Park Faire, I'm a little unsure about that one.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Can't he have just juice or a coffee whilst you eat?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Annette is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have sat with my family at Chef Mickeys and just had a coke. So he could come down for Coffee or a drink and just sit with the family.
    Annette
    annette@mousefantravel.com

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    All in the same room, won't that be weird, and your mother's idea????
    Just what I wouldn't do to my daughter. Sorry. Digressing.

I never was much of a breakfast eater (until lately) I often only had coffee while DH, DD, & DS ate up a storm.

My unsolicited opinion. Don't let anyone bully you out of breakfast. You are not being rude, just sticking to the vacation plan. If he has to change everything maybe he should rethink going at all.

Motto: Go along, get along bud.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-20-2008 at 12:14 AM.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I agree with everyone else, he can get something to drink and enjoy the enviroment and company. I hate breakfast but always eat just a little something when we go to Chef Mickey's and Cape May. I drink alot though lol.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    I have sat with my family at Chef Mickeys and just had a coke. So he could come down for Coffee or a drink and just sit with the family.
    I think you must have just gotten lucky because Disney's policy is that whether you eat of not, if you are seated at a Character Meal that they will charge you the full price for the meal. Any restaurant that is not a character meal you will be fine.

Annette is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just my luck.... I get lucky on paying for drink only at a buffet... .no such luck on getting any dreams while there! I guess this was my dream moment.
    Annette
    annette@mousefantravel.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The shared room is wierd enough, (just my opinion) but having to skip a meal because someone else doesn't want to eat is asking too much. Eat any and all the meals you want. No one is twisting his arm to eat or skip a meal. I would expect that any meal that is a set price - as character meals - eat or not, you'd have to pay full price.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.