Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Tutto Italia Ristorante in the Vacation Planning forums; Since Alfredo's has closed I've not heard much at all about it's replacement, Tutto Italia. Back a few months ago I heard that Disney was already planning to close it ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Tutto Italia Ristorante

Since Alfredo's has closed I've not heard much at all about it's replacement, Tutto Italia. Back a few months ago I heard that Disney was already planning to close it and replace it with something else but that was purely rumor.

I'm curious... has anyone eaten there and had a good experience? Is it anything like Alfredo's? Is the food worth it? Anyone have anything positive to say or is it just simply a disappointment after the Alfredo's experience?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Last edited by princessariel; 02-27-2008 at 01:15 PM.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Ahh great that's good info. Sounds like it's good food and the changes are nice. I gotta say I love the fact that they made it not so crowded. Even though Alfredo's was easily my favorite restaurant to eat at in the world, I seriously couldn't stand how packed in you were.

So even in that review it says:

Tutto Italia is only a temporary restaurant. From what I have been told, a yet un-named quick service restaurant will be built across the courtyard in Italy. When that is completed, Tutto Italia will close for an extensive rehab and reopen with an entire new name, look and menu. Work is expected to be completed sometime in late 2008.
    So, anyone have any idea when it's closing and for how long?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    That's interesting...I'm glad they are planning on making a quick service in Italy, I'm a big Italian fan and look forward to trying it out.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

DocTerminus is offline A-Ticket holder
    Whatcha doin'? Hibernatin'?

Visit Passamaquoddy
    A Disney blog.
    http://www.passamaquoddy.blog.com

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I loved it! I went in late January. The service was great and the food was amazing!

I know everyone thinks it's "over-priced," but I thought it was worth it. We accidentally ordered at $300 bottle of wine and the waitress brought it to our attention! She could have easily said, "great!" and we would have been stuck with that bill.

The appetizers are really good and the bread is yummy. We sat in the side room with the windows and I found it much less "frantic" than Alfredo's was. I thought the food at Alfredo's was terrible and that it was always loud and chaotic in there (not to mention cramped!).

Yay Tutto!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It was all started by a mouse!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Oh, boy! Another new restaurant for my MF ADRs!

Question: The articles/blog all mention this is a "temporary" with a closure and refurb/changes. Does anyone know if this has been or will be done prior to MouseFest?

Thanks!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The only info I've seen on it is that it will close "This Spring" and reopen "This Fall"
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I still don't quite understand why they rushed to open Tutto if only to be closing it and replacing it.

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I still don't quite understand why they rushed to open Tutto if only to be closing it and replacing it.
    My sentiments exactly! But, I definitely want to try it if it is open in Dec.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am probably the most avid Pasta/Italian food eater you will ever meet, and I though Alfredo's was great and I am really excited to be able to try this new place out. Can anyone tell me if the servings are any larger than Alfredo's because last time I ate there I was still hungry after paying a ton for my food.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW