Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss How to choose? in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you solve it? There are so many places I want to eat, yet so little time! How does one pick ...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

How to choose?

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you solve it?

There are so many places I want to eat, yet so little time! How does one pick and choose? I have told my family (being the obsessed planner that I am) that each person should select one place they want to try (or revisit). Now that I have their picks, I want to add more!! I'll never hit the rides at this rate! I have until April 15th to get it together! Your thoughts????
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow... I usually choose by what's left at the time I'm booking (usually day of or the day before). I've actually tried new places that I may not have picked by doing that - and loved them all (1900 Park Fare, Coral Reef, Morocco).
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I usually plan out my itinerary first, see which parks or areas we are going to be in for a particular day, from there we pick out the restaurants that will be fairly easy for us to get to then make a list of our top 3 choices and then when I call Disney Dining if the 1st choice isn't available I go down the line. And don't forget whatever you don't get to experience this time you can save it for next time
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I agree, decide what park on what day, then decide the restaurant choices, then try for the reservations. If it is something no one is that interested in (look at the menus on allearsnet) then make other choices. A friend of mine will only go to restaurants at WDW that are radically different from what we have locally, so her kids eat Moroccan or whatever, except breakfast since that is sort of a global thing now. But that's how she "enhances" her experience. I go by what DD will or will not eat, and where we are.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Having too many choices isn't the problem. I think it's more difficult when you have fewer choices and then finding that those places aren't available. Basically, there are very few bad choices, and as someone else already stated - what you don't get to this time, there's already next time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Once again, I can count on you all!! These are great suggestions! I always get so wound up when I book the reservations! I will get my touring plan in place first, then book our meals. After being on this site, I will try LeCellier for sure, if I can get in! My favorite idea . . . going back to do the things we miss!! Thanks for your help!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    We like to split our decision making between picking the top restaurants we want, plus where we want to be that day. For example, during our trip in August, we organized which park we would be at based on the extra magic hours, and regular park operation hours. Then we pick our restaurants based on that; which Studios restaurant, whcih MK restaurant. In some cases we need to switch where we go based on dining availability. We could't get into Coral Reef on a certain day, so we switched an AK day to Epcot. I love food, and at Disney the dining is a big part of the experience. Make sure to explore; even if you don't get a first choice, you may find a new favourite!!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    We like to split our decision making between picking the top restaurants we want, plus where we want to be that day. For example, during our trip in August, we organized which park we would be at based on the extra magic hours, and regular park operation hours. Then we pick our restaurants based on that; which Studios restaurant, whcih MK restaurant. In some cases we need to switch where we go based on dining availability. We could't get into Coral Reef on a certain day, so we switched an AK day to Epcot. I love food, and at Disney the dining is a big part of the experience. Make sure to explore; even if you don't get a first choice, you may find a new favourite!!
    Yep, I totally agree about the experience!! My father-in-law wants to head to Morocco. I was a bit hesitant about the food, but I'm in! It's all part of the fun!

Do you like to go back for the night EMH? How about the crowds? I am still trying to get a handle on that one. From what people have said, they thin out after an hour or two?
    Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    Yep, I totally agree about the experience!! My father-in-law wants to head to Morocco. I was a bit hesitant about the food, but I'm in! It's all part of the fun!

Do you like to go back for the night EMH? How about the crowds? I am still trying to get a handle on that one. From what people have said, they thin out after an hour or two?
    If you're staying on property and have access to the EMH, then I would totally recommend park hopping and doing as many EMHs as you can. The great thing about having so much time available to you is that you can get to a park early, then when it gets hotter in the middle of the day, go back to your resort or to a waterpark to cool off. Then enjoy a nice, relaxing dinner at a park or resort, and return to the EMH to enjoy lighter crowds and cooler temps. I find that even during non EMH, crowds thin towards the end of the night because people are either trying to not get caught in the crush of tranportation (particularly at the Magic Kingdom) or the families with little ones have to get to bed. Night is fave time at the parks, because of the amazing atmosphere and the lighter crowds.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you solve it?

There are so many places I want to eat, yet so little time! How does one pick and choose?

Uhm, by going to WDW repeatedly until I've tried everything I want to. I'll let you know if I ever succeed at that...

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Uhm, by going to WDW repeatedly until I've tried everything I want to. I'll let you know if I ever succeed at that...

That's my plan! I am 2 down, a hundred to go??
    Samantha

That's my plan! I am 2 down, a hundred to go??

LoL. But thats not a bad feeling at all, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    LoL. But thats not a bad feeling at all, is it?

You are soooo right!! It is the BEST feeling in the world for the Happiest Place on Earth!!
    Samantha

Can you tell me where would be a good place to have dinner reservations and watch IllumiNations????
    Samantha

Can you tell me where would be a good place to have dinner reservations and watch IllumiNations????
    If you are able to secure a reservation for Rose & Crown and obtain a table with a view of the lagoon you are lucky!

Another good place to go would be at the Cantina de San Angel in Mexico although this is just a counter service restaurant.

It is very difficult to get a table that you will be able to view Illuminations from and you can not reserve a specific table at Rose & Crown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast