Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Where to eat at Boardwalk? in the Vacation Planning forums; My family and I are going to Disney World this August. On our arrival day we are heading over to the Boardwalk for a little leisure time before we kick ...
    bartoli@charter is offline A-Ticket holder

Where to eat at Boardwalk?

My family and I are going to Disney World this August. On our arrival day we are heading over to the Boardwalk for a little leisure time before we kick it into high gear. We have purchased the Dining Plan and I figured on eating at ESPN Club. However, I wanted to know if there are any other restaurants on the Boardwalk area that are exeptionally better than ESPN, and maybe what would be considered the best. I only want to use 1 credit for table service meal. My family consists of myself, my wife, and two sons, 15 and 7. We all are sports fans, especially baseball, but not over the top. You can also include restaurants at Yacht and Beach Club resorts. Thank you.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I frequently stay at the BoardWalk. However my DH and I aren't sports fan, so the ESPN restaurant is the only place we haven't dined...and don't have much desire to dine there.

We have had a very nice meal at Flying Fish Cafe, however that's a signature restaurant and doesn't meet your 1 credit requirement...I think it's 2. I have never used the DDP, so not sure on that point. Anyway, DH really loved the Snapper here. Surprisingly at a Fish restaurant, the char steak was quite good too. I loved the cocktails here. I'm looking froward to dining here again as I have been cleared to start eating fish.
    Flying Fish Cafe Menu - Boardwalk

Spoodles is very good as well. It's Mediterranean cuisine. Last time I dined there in December 2007, we got one of the flatbread appetizers and the Oak Fired Steak Kabobs....excellent. Wine was very good here. This is definitely a place I would like to return to on our next trip.
    Spoodles Dinner Menu -- Boardwalk

Big River Grille & Brewing Works seems to be hit and miss. We usually do very well here, but I have heard some bad reviews regarding both the food and service. We've enjoyed the various sandwiches and loved the beer cheese soup.
    Big River Grille and Brewing Works Dinner Menu

Spoodles Pizza Window - You can get pizza and calzones to go. You can eat them on the BoardWalk or take them back to your room.

BoardWalk Bakery - Not just pastries, they do offer sandwiches that are very yummy.

Various food kiosks will offer hot dogs (cheese, chili, etc.), fried ice cream, funnel cakes, etc. usually in the evening hours.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I would recommend Spoodles. The Brewing Works was a major disappointment; bad food, bad service. Spoodles has great food, and more of a selection. Flying Fish is out of the points range, but Spoodles is almost as good.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

bartoli@charter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks!! I think I might be leaning toward Spoodles now.... Gonna have to make an ADR soon. I'll watch this post another day then make final decision. Thanks to both of you!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I also like Spoodles but I would love to try Flying Fish at some point. Also for a good burger or ice cream try Beaches and Cream.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Within walking distance you could always go to Beaches and Cream over in the Beach club Resort.
    Eric