Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss For those who have used the Basic Dining Plan in 2008... in the Vacation Planning forums; ...were any of you successful in switching out the dessert for an appetizer??...
    AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question For those who have used the Basic Dining Plan in 2008...

...were any of you successful in switching out the dessert for an appetizer??
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

GussGuss36 is offline A-Ticket holder
    U know, I didn't try but I believe they are pretty strict on not switching that out. We never ate our desserts & ended up with a hotel room fridge filled with a weeks worth of desserts.... shame. They should give you the option of a dessert, or a app....then you could share if one person gets an app & another a dessert

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    That is exactly what Mr. iwbm said! We had WAY to much food the old way (app AND dessert), but it would be GREAT to share an app and then share a dessert. Maybe the powers that be will read this thread and change the plan. You think? It could happen.
    They call me "Nana"

GussGuss36 is offline A-Ticket holder
    they should def change it to that for the plan in 09'. Dinning plan is still worth it though, especially if you have your table services at the more expensive places like The Coral Reef, we def got more than our money's worth

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks everyone. I had a feeling it was a tricky thing to do. I'm not using the plan myself, but this info is very helpful and I appreciate it!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Feedback on Dining plan for 2008

We just returned from vacation last week. We were on the dining plan and it actually did save us money..I knew the appetizer was going away but I though we were also responsible for the tax on the meal and the gratuity...we were only responsible for the gratuity ( whew!)

We have tow young children and ate at the following places:

crystal palace
    whispering canyon cafe
    Tony's
    earl of sandwich ( downtown disney )
    mexian in epcot
    coral feef
    planet hollywood

snacks which some we used and then the kids bought other items with the unused credits.

We kept all of our receipts...we paid 500 and the total bill was about 750.00 for the 5 days we were there...

so the plan worked for us....