Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining plan in 2008...feedback in the Vacation Planning forums; We just returned from vacation last week. We were on the dining plan and it actually did save us money..I knew the appetizer was going away but I though we ...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Dining plan in 2008...feedback

We just returned from vacation last week. We were on the dining plan and it actually did save us money..I knew the appetizer was going away but I though we were also responsible for the tax on the meal and the gratuity...we were only responsible for the gratuity ( whew!)

We have tow young children and ate at the following places:

crystal palace
    whispering canyon cafe
    Tony's
    earl of sandwich ( downtown disney )
    mexian in epcot
    coral feef
    planet hollywood

snacks which some we used and then the kids bought other items with the unused credits.

We kept all of our receipts...we paid 500 and the total bill was about 750.00 for the 5 days we were there...

so the plan worked for us....

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Is the snack thing the same as last year? Pretty much anything under $4 ?

Wait, you were only there 5 days right? Did you buy extra meals above what Table Service credits you had.? Is that how much it ran for the DDP and tips?
    Last edited by vixen101485; 04-02-2008 at 08:36 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here is the link for the 2008 approved snacks:

2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

we used everything...only snack credits where left.

earl of sandwich was a counterservice that we used Saturday evening..we arrrived around 3pm

Sunday, we had counter service at the mexican restaurant and coral reef for dinner
    at epcot

Monday we went to seaworld so we had counter service breakfast at the hotel, paid for our lunch and went to magic kingdom later in the day and had dinner at Tony's town square

Tuesday we had brunch at crystal palace and dinner at whispering canyon cafe

Wednesday we again had breakfast and planet hollywood dinner and breakfast again on Thrusday morning.

so we had nothing left and only spent around 25-30 outside of the plan.

hope this helps