Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Deluxe dining plan too much?? in the Vacation Planning forums; I will be traveling to disney in July with my husband and DD (3) and DS (6). We were planning on getting the deluxe plan for a few reasons. One, ...
    flyersphillies is offline A-Ticket holder

Deluxe dining plan too much??

I will be traveling to disney in July with my husband and DD (3) and DS (6). We were planning on getting the deluxe plan for a few reasons.
    One, my kids are always hunger, two: I get every cranky if I need food. Three: were are doing the Cinderella dining (2 meals) and a few other character dinings(1 meal).

I was hoping if we seat and eat a few afternoons that would give them some down time to relax. They REFUSE to nap for anything.

Is it still worth it?

Amy

PS: I am so excited to go I am driving my husband crazy with all my research!!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi, flyersphillies! WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Well, I just booked Deluxe Dining on my package Saturday morning. I like the deluxe dining plan because I want the freedom of choice to use my meals wherever I like, not bound to the equivalent of 1 TS and 1 CS per day. I also do not skip meals and the 2 snacks each day can be used for bottled water or a piece of fresh fruit. I am also planning a few Signature TS meals and with deluxe dining I will have another meal for those days to use however I like (CS or another TS). I have had experience with this type of dining plan. In 2001 and 2002 we went to WDW on what was then the Deluxe Magic and Gold plans and it worked very well for us.

I priced 7 nights @ a moderate resort, room only w/AAA discount, and an 8-day hopper against a package with 7 nights @ Pop Century and an 8-day hopper. Adding the deluxe dining to my package cost only $160 over what the moderate room only with hopper would cost. I went with the package at Pop Century with deluxe dining.

Though I am an adult traveling without children, when my son was small TS meals were a great time to get him settled down and quiet for a little while a couple of times a day.

We all have our own style of enjoying Disney and our reasons why. So, I say go with whatever works best for your budget, family, and lifestyle.

Have a great trip!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I think if you plan on using all your credits, especially for signature dining, it is totally worth it. If you are used to taking sandwiches into the park with you and only eating one meal a day, then it is probably too much.
    Dreams Really Do Come True