Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Refillable Mugs in the Vacation Planning forums; Any one have a picture of the refillable mugs - will be stay at POR Riverside. Can I place them in a bag for the parks or will they leak? ...
    flyersphillies is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Refillable Mugs

Any one have a picture of the refillable mugs - will be stay at POR Riverside.

Can I place them in a bag for the parks or will they leak?

Amy

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've taken a picture of my two mugs from 2004-ish, and attached it to this message.

The shorter wider one on the right will leak. The top has an opening to sip your beverage through. The taller thinner one will be better for no leakage. The top has a sipping-opening as well, but it's closeable. I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee it won't leak, because the closeable opening doesn't exactly "lock" into position.

(BTW, all resort mugs are now uniform - they're all blue & white with a Year of A Million Dreams theme. There are no resort-specific mugs any longer.)

Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I would not be carrying these to the parks, they are not refillable there so at best you would have one single serving and have to carry it all day. Other option if you do carry is to fill it with water and add those single serving kool-aid, lemonade, power aid to the water. Park water from the fountain is pretty icky, heavy well taste, which is why I'm sure so many of us buy bottled water.

I believe it would leak in a bag. I just filled mine, upside down it dribbles but the open close has slides on the outer rim, so if it bumps something in the bag it will fully open. Yuck.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I tend to agree. I've taken mine the parks, and wished I hadn't. The only thing you can refill them with is the nasty Florida fountain water. The restaurants do not offer beverage stations, and even if they did, that's not part of the refillable-mug program. Plus, they're cumbersom, especially on thrill rides. My gf actually lost her mug's top on space mountain (she put the mug in the little net pouch), making for a very damp experience.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    So sorry to hear they don't have the mugs for individual resorts, everything seems to be getting so homogenized. When we got ours for the Carribean Beach (many years back) not only were they for the individual resort but we got them in all different colors.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    I like Florida's water. It has taste. That's probably because I was raised on it though. It's perfectly safe. If you don't like the taste though, it would be good to have a brita refillable water bottle to remove the taste. They work well. Then you wouldn't need to bother with the mugs.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When we were there last time we got refillable cups (at least that's how I remember it) and could get them refilled for not much money. I don't think that we will be taking our resort refillable mugs to the parks with us.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

tigger, you may be thinking of the water parks. Both TL and BB have this program where you can buy a mug in the water park and refill it all day long.

The theme parks have no such entity. If they ever did, they haven't for at least about 4 years now...

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    (BTW, all resort mugs are now uniform - they're all blue & white with a Year of A Million Dreams theme. There are no resort-specific mugs any longer.)

What??!! No Pop Century mug? I am so bummed!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    tigger, you may be thinking of the water parks. Both TL and BB have this program where you can buy a mug in the water park and refill it all day long.

The theme parks have no such entity. If they ever did, they haven't for at least about 4 years now...
    No, I/we have never been to a water park. The last time DH and I were there it was 2003. I remember getting very large drink that had tigers on the top of the lid. I don't remember what we paid to refill it but I know DH did at least once in the park.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Do you suppose resort specific mugs will return after YOAMD? Sure would be nice.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Let's hope so, if not then I say an uprising is in order
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Tigger, I believe I've seen what you're talking about at the Animal Kingdom, specifically at the TuskerHouse. But I don't remember if there was a refill program there - from what I recall, those things with the animals at the top were only advertised as a "souvenir mug". The menu that AllEars has for Flame Tree BBQ lists them as "Animal Topper Sports Bottle" - nothing about refills. Sounds like something they used to offer but haven't for a couple years. A shame too...
    (Flame Tree Barbecue Menu at Animal Kingdom)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The Tamu Tamu Refreshment stand menu has refills listed, and the menu is from 10/07. I believe it is still an option, only at Animal Kingdom, and only with the animal topped sports bottles they sell there.
    Tamu Tamu Refreshments - Animal Kingdom
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I'm totally bummed I really want a Pop Century mug
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast