Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Where can we eat AND have a nice conversation? in the Vacation Planning forums; OK folks - I find myself in need of your advice... I'm meeting someone at WDW in September. This will essentially be his first trip and I want to have ...
    GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder

Where can we eat AND have a nice conversation?

OK folks - I find myself in need of your advice...

I'm meeting someone at WDW in September. This will essentially be his first trip and I want to have a nice dinner on our first evening there.

So, I'm looking for a sit down restaurant that meets the following criteria:
    • Nice atmosphere is important
    • It doesn't have to be romantic but MUST be conducive to conversation
    • Not packed in like sardines - a little space between tables so I don't feel like everyone is evesdropping on our conversation
    • Good service is very important - don't want them to hover but don't want to be ignored either
    • Can be in a park or at a resort
    • The price or number of TS credits is not a big factor
    • Food should be good

I was thinking about Citrico's or Bistro de Paris. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Fulton's comes to mind, but I think it might be a bit tight space wise and it can "feel" noisey when it gets really busy. Jiko at AKL is quiet and not too crowded between tables. Artists Point at WL would be good too.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    My sister and I ate at Mama Melrose last year. I felt like it met all of your qualifications. Garden Grill might be another one - if you don't mind the characters coming around every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Fulton's comes to mind, but I think it might be a bit tight space wise and it can "feel" noisey when it gets really busy. Jiko at AKL is quiet and not too crowded between tables. Artists Point at WL would be good too.
    How is the food at Fultons? I've never eaten there. Jiko and AP are two of my three favorite restaurants on property (Narcoossees is the third). So, they are on my "must do" list for later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    My sister and I ate at Mama Melrose last year. I felt like it met all of your qualifications. Garden Grill might be another one - if you don't mind the characters coming around every so often.
    Good ideas. But, I don't think he will be ready for a character meal first thing - he's new to Disney and not altogether sold on the virtues of going there over and over...yet.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    what about LeCellier? i've only been there for lunch with my family but the food was great and it seemed like it could be romantic
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My vote is for Artist Point. That was wonderful food, tables are set pretty far apart, and the service was great. I loved the buffalo steak there.

Le Cellier would also be nice as would Nine Dragons but I think that will still be closed while you are there. The restaurant at Morrocco might be a nice change. I haven't tried any of the restaurants around Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club area but that could be a nice place to walk around after dinner.

Enjoy your trip! Let us know what you pick!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    if price isn't an issue i would go to Yachtsman steakhouse...great food, nice atmosphere and the tables aren't on top of eachother...snwht is right, walking around y&b makes for a nice walk after dinner
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613 View Post
    if price isn't an issue i would go to Yachtsman steakhouse...great food, nice atmosphere and the tables aren't on top of eachother...snwht is right, walking around y&b makes for a nice walk after dinner
    I've heard great things about the food and service at Yachtsman - good to know it has a good atmosphere. I'll definitely add it to my list!

What about Flying Fish - is it noisy? Good food?
    Last edited by GalPal; 04-27-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would recommend le cellier, jiko, victoria and alberts, california grill. I would also head on over to allearsnet.com. IF you go hereyou can also see all of the menus at each location.
    Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Yensid78 View Post
    I would recommend le cellier, jiko, victoria and alberts, california grill. I would also head on over to allearsnet.com. IF you go hereyou can also see all of the menus at each location.
    Jiko and CG are on my list of ADRs - not a big fan of LeCellier since they changed chefs and my favorite server went back to Canada. I'm leaning towards Flying Fish or Citricos but have never eaten at either one.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Narcossees

Quote Originally Posted by devkxl View Post
    Narcossees
    Narcoossees is AWESOME! It is one of my top three at WDW (the almond crusted cheesecake was to die for). We're doing that in the middle of the trip - I thought the tables were too close together and the noise level too high for a good conversation.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Artist Point.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Artist Point.
    I love Artist Point - Izzy is the best server in all of WDW! He is usually off on Mondays and Tuesdays. So, we have a 5:30 ADR on Sunday. See you in September Izzy!!

Kyle & Michelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    I will also have to agree with Artist Point!

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about Izzy as well! My father-in-law is always sure to get Izzy when he is there. We tried to get him on our trip in February, unfortunately he was off and we didn't get him. Maybe next time...!!!
    Be Blessed!
    Kyle and Michelle

-----
    Kyle Froman
    Travel Dream Maker

e kyle.froman@offtoneverland.com
    p (615) 403-3805
    w http://kylefroman.offtoneverland.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast