Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss good choices? in the Vacation Planning forums; ok guys, tell me what you think. I'll be heading to mecca, I mean wdw sept 30 through oct 9. I've planned this thing to death so let me know ...
    LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

good choices?

ok guys, tell me what you think. I'll be heading to mecca, I mean wdw sept 30 through oct 9. I've planned this thing to death so let me know how you think I did. I really try to get the most of my table credits and let the counters fall where they may, usually for breakfast at the hotel. Keep in mind I'll have a 8 day base tickets and tickets for MNSSHP. I'll list the day, what park if any I'll be in, and my choice(s).

Sept 30- Whispering Canyon - dinner
    Oct 1 - Epcot - Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, Garden Grill - dinner
    2 - MGM - 50's Prime Time - dinner
    3 - nothing yet, don't know if I'll be at Discovery Cove or not
    4 - Animal Kingdom - Kona Cafe - breakfast
    5 - Downtown Disney/DisneyQuest - Wolfgang Puck - dinner
    6 - nothing yet, don't know if I'll be at Discovery Cove or not
    7- MK/ MNSSHP - Crystal Palace, Plaza - dinner
    8 - Epcot - Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, Garden Grill - dinner

I figure what I'll try to do is hit Garden Grill one of the Epcot days and Le Cellier or Rose and Crown the second day, then go back for whatever is left on Friday or Monday. I'm thinking about hitting Boma or Whispering Canyon for another breakfast, maybe Chef Mickey's and/or Shutters.

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi. Long time no talk. I don't have any suggestions for you other than call Le Cellier early. I tried to get in there 3 months out for June and couldn't get in.

We loved Crystal Palace and will be eating there again soon. 50's Prime Time is on the list for this trip.

We travel with the pup soon. Once I get things finalized (I'm pretty close to that) I'm sure I'll be looking for last minute tips.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Definitely get the Le Cellier for dinner and do the ADR so it is guaranteed. If you are traveling with kids, do the Chef Mickey's. Have never been to Rose and Crown but I am sure it is awesome (Duh, it's on WDW property) but that may also require an ADR. Others may have better suggestions, those are just mine. I love Le Cellier, love it.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

WenD2ndStar is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I agree--absolutely Le Cellier. Could not believe what we saved there on the Dining Plan! If you do have a chance, BOMA is excellent, too. I think those were both our favorites, but we loved 50s Prime Time, too--more for the atmospere than the food. Have a great trip!
    Wendy

eeyore1954 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When you go to Prime Time I would recommend you call ahead and request Topher as your waiter. The most enjoyable thing (in my opinion ) about the PRime Time is the atmosphere and your waiter or waitress can make it so much better. We have been there many times and have had a few who do not get into the fun very much. I am sure there are plenty of other good servers there but he has always made the meal fun and exciting.

Others that we try to never miss when we go are
    Crystal Palace *Excellent place to see Pooh , Eeyore and friends and the food is pretty good.
    Ohana's The games for the kids are excellent. Hula hoops ,coconut broom races etc. A few of our friends say they don't like it as much as they used to but we are always happy there.

For something difffernt try eating in Morocco. Can't remember the name of the restaurant but they have a steak and chicken Kabobs and a flaky dessert called bastilla? that is pretty tasty

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    What about Rainforest Cafe?? The wife wants to eat there.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well I've finally accepted the fact that I'm not getting into Le Cellier after calling everyday since a couple days after my original post. After reading through every single menu on Allears, here's what I've landed on.

Sept 30- Whisper Canyon (dinner)
    Oct 1 - Rose and Crown (dinner)
    2 - 50's Prime Time (dinner)
    3 - Artist's Point (dinner)
    4 - Kona Cafe (breakfast)
    5 - Wolfgang Puck Cafe (dinner)
    6 - Whispering Canyon (breakfast)
    7 - Crystal Palace (dinner before the Halloween party)
    8 - Kona Cafe (dinner)

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    What about Rainforest Cafe?? The wife wants to eat there.
    We had Rainforest Cafe and it was awesome!!! I'd highly recommend it!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

StephlovesWDW is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(
    Today as I'm posting this, you are @ EPOCOT.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    They are great choices, hope your having a good time, no make that a great time
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!