Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss i'm being brave! (Crystal Palace Breakfast Lasagna) in the Vacation Planning forums; wife and i loved the breakfast lasagna, and i decided to try and make it tomorrow. got the recipe off of Cara's site ( www.luxurydisney.com ). any suggestions, pointers, etc. ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

i'm being brave! (Crystal Palace Breakfast Lasagna)

wife and i loved the breakfast lasagna, and i decided to try and make it tomorrow. got the recipe off of Cara's site (www.luxurydisney.com).

any suggestions, pointers, etc. what am i in for? seems easy enough. has anyone else ever attempted this?

if this works out i'm trying Tonga Toast next. never had it at the Polynesian, but that is where we are staying next time we go.....

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    it was yummy when we had it there

let us know how it comes out!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    this ended up great. unfortunately, the same morning i made it a stomach virus swept through our house which took a bit of the wind out of the sails.

if you do attempt it, a couple of suggestions.

- the recipe makes a lot. if only a couple people, i'd say cut everything in half. we still have a ton of it sitting in our fridge.

- the prep takes a while, and an hour to bake, plus about 5 minutes to broil the top. prepare as much as possible the night before. i had the custard and cream ready, but i could've also had the lasagne layered. don't know about adding the custard the night before, since it may dry out overnight. but, with the lasagne layered, easy enough to pour the custard on and press down while the oven is warming up.