Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss San Angel Inn in the Vacation Planning forums; Having dinner at the San Angel Inn and 2 members of the party are reluctant due to fear of spicy food. Any selections to recommend to ease their fears?...
    NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder

San Angel Inn

Having dinner at the San Angel Inn and 2 members of the party are reluctant due to fear of spicy food.

Any selections to recommend to ease their fears?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Food was not spicey at all. Had the chicken tacos and they had salsa and stuff on the side

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love this place. The food is not spicy at all. I like the mole pablano as well as the chicken on a bed of peppers and onions
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Ask your server to recommend something. We love this place - fab atmosphere.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

dolce20 is offline A-Ticket holder
    San Angel Inn used to be my fave. The atmosphere is to die for. Very dark, romantic and festive. Only thing is, the food went downhill and is now no better than your local "On the Border" except with killer surroundings. They used to make a better effort to give you authentic cuisine of Mexico and I really miss that. Also, the service the last 2 times I dined there was very unattentive and un-magical. If you're in Epcot, Le Cellier gets better and better all the time. I used to love Akershus before they did all character dining. If you really want to stick with Latino food, try Bongos in Downtown Disney.
    Jamie

33 years old...35 times to WDW...and counting..!

"We're really bad eggs, drink up me 'earties YO HO!"
    "Veggie veggie fruit fruit - cha cha cha!"
    "Kungaloosh!"

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I think "spicy" is a very relative term. When I was younger, I would order things like Buffalo wings as a challange, to see how many I could eat before I couldn't take the heat anymore, whereas now I pound them down them like candy. I now sometimes catch myself snacking on Jalepeno peppers, and I have been heard to describe the "Blazin' Habanero" sauce we use on select dishes at Chili's as "Sweet initially, with a moderate kick found in the aftertaste." I also used to dislike Mexican style food, but now I love it. Obviously, I have grown fonder of spicy as I have grown older, and so my idea of what is spicy may not be the same as someone who does not have a taste for it.

I myself have never eaten in the San Angel Inn. My ex-gf and her family ate there not all that long ago and they all claimed that they did not care for the food, and in fact, my ex complained that EVERYTHING she ate was too spicy for her. But then again, she is a very (in my opinion) boring eater... she wont even eat spaghetti sauce that has any sort of peppers or anything in it... BO-RING. But whatever. I am a regular however at the little counter service venue across the promenade, La Cantina de San Angel, and I absoultely LOVE the food there (I usually order the "Plato Combinacion"), and I don't find it very spicy at all. Just a touch of spicy... just enough to make it flavorful without being overpowering. I would assume that the San Angel Inn probably prepares their food items similarly, but once more I admit I've never tried it myself. So while I think that you will probably enjoy the flavors, perhaps your "spice-reluctant" co-diners might indeed find some of their dishes a bit TOO flavorful for their taste. I guess your best bet would be to consult your server before making any decisions.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dolce20 View Post
    San Angel Inn used to be my fave. The atmosphere is to die for. Very dark, romantic and festive. Only thing is, the food went downhill and is now no better than your local "On the Border" except with killer surroundings. They used to make a better effort to give you authentic cuisine of Mexico and I really miss that. Also, the service the last 2 times I dined there was very unattentive and un-magical. If you're in Epcot, Le Cellier gets better and better all the time. I used to love Akershus before they did all character dining. If you really want to stick with Latino food, try Bongos in Downtown Disney.
    I completely agree. I'm not a fan of the CS place either. I'm a Texan so I'm pretty picky about my Mexican food
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    San Angel Inn food is not spicey at all. If you ask they can probably leave the sauces off if you would like