Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Character Meals in the Vacation Planning forums; I was wondering if anyone knew if their was a character meal with Donald Duck? I was told there wasn't any. And I also wanted opinions about which restaurant to ...
    redcakedisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Character Meals

I was wondering if anyone knew if their was a character meal with Donald Duck? I was told there wasn't any.

And I also wanted opinions about which restaurant to eat at while we are there. Sci-fi Dine- In Theater or the 50's prime Time Cafe?

Thanks!

Jess

October 2006..Pop Century

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I belive there is a resturant in Animal Kingdom that has a Donald Duck character breakfast. And I like 50's prime Time Cafe better because there is alot of action going on and the servers are all really great!
    I don't like the Sci fi because you sit in cars that means you can't really talk to your family that much because you don't face each other. There are some oversized cars that have a table in them that you can see everyone but not that many. I hope I made some since lol.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I like the Sci-Fi better than the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I don't mind not facing my family while I eat- I can always turn around to talk to them. I like the atmosphere better also. I'm kind of shy, so having such involved servers at the 50's Prime Time was kind of uncomfortable for me. I don't like having somebody trying to feed me when I don't finish my food or anything like that. When I was there, I saw somebody being spanked, and I'm just so glad it wasn't me. So if you like that kind of attention, you'll love the 50's Prime Time, but it definitely is not the place for me.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We saw Donald Duck at Chef Mickey's in 2006. He greeted us as we entered. We were able to get pictures and autographs. In the Birnbaum Guide, it says that Tusker House in Animal Kingdom has "Donald's Safari Breakfast" with Donald (and possibly Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy - subject to change).
    We at Prime Time, but I have to say I was a bit let down. The food was okay; not too much action with our waiter. The atmosphere was fabulous, though, and several of my friends call it their favorite spot! Hope that helps a little!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You know I don't remember seeing Donald at all the last time I was there! Granted I wasn't really looking except for Stitch...

as for 50's vs Sci Fi...it depends.

50's Prime Time:
    Pros: "Home Cooked" food
    Great theming (if 50's kitchen is your thing)
    Fun server interactions (if they're good)

Cons: Not the place to go if you're shy or want a quiet meal or want anything exotic
    Can be loud
    Collard greens (yes I count this as a con)

Sci Fi Drive In:
    Pros: Great theming (if drive in's are your thing)
    Clips of cheesy scifi movies playing on a large screen

Cons: Very Dark
    Seating is just like being in a car, if you're in the backseat, you're staring at the back of someone's head. Not the place for conversation

So like I said, it depends. I've heard people rave and complain about the food at both places. My pick is 50's, but I'm the kind of gal who thinks its fun to try hiding my veggies under my mashed potatoes so my waitress doesn't pull the "open your mouth for the airplane" spoon trick.

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I do believe that Donald is at Chef Mickey's. As for Sci Fi or 50's I have not been to either one but do want to try 50's but the thought of being spanked kinda just turned me off of going there.

princessmom17 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Donald Duck is definitely at Chef Mickey's for dinner. We went to Chef Mickey's in December and he was there. In fact, we have done Chef Mickey's a few times over the years and he has always been there. We always do the dinner there and it is pretty good. The prime rib is delicious and the kids love the ice cream sundae bar. Good luck with planning your trip!
    2002 - Off Site
    2003 - Caribbean Beach
    2005 - Contemporary
    2007 - Contemporary
    2008 - Beach Club

Thanks everyone!! Big help so far! One more question..how do I get 1 Of those tickers on here. I have tried to copy & paste. But no luck! Should I have posted a new thread for this question?

P.S. I went to Chef Mickeys last time for breakfast. But no Donald. I guess he just does dinner there?

Thanks again!!!

Jess

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Donald host's his own Breakfast inTusker House within the Animal Kingdom. It is a buffet style meal and here is a link to the menu from allears: Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Menu from Disney's Animal Kingdom

When we last dined at Chef Mickey's, Donald was there too:

Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    As for choosing between Si-Fi Dine-In & 50s Prime Time, I like them both:

Dining at the Si-Fi you feel like you're at a drive thru movie sitting in a car to eat with a huge screen in front of you.

Dining at 50s Prime Time just takes you back to the 50s and the seating is similar to that period... But be sure to eat all your greens!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

THANKS "trickster" I like the Donald pic!! I can guess that Donald is only there for dinner? Cause we had breakfast there last time ..he wasn't present.

Jess

Pirate_Princess is offline A-Ticket holder
    Chip and Dale used to do Breakfast back in 2006 at Chef Mickey's, and then Donald replaced them. The current character cast for Chef Mickey's (Breakfast and Dinner) is: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy.

And as mentioned he's at Tucker House.
    Trivia: That's the only place you'll see Daisy in dinning.
    Princess Jen (AKA: Pirate Princess)
    Dead men tell no tales.
    Remember, all you need to do is just BELIEVE!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't stand the Prime Time myself
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    well i went to Donald's Breakfastosauras a few years ago and it was very good... our family is booked for the Tusker House in Aug! my parents have been to Sci Fi and did not like it at all! i have been to 50s and i thought it was hilarious!! my grandfather did not like being fed however
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Breakfast at Chef Mickeys, 24th May 2008
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants