Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss PS SPOTLIGHT: California Grill in the Vacation Planning forums; The California Grill on top of Disney's Contemporary Resort is one of the most romantic and exciting places to eat at Walt Disney World. Check out the detailed review at ...
    Scottwdw is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up PS SPOTLIGHT: California Grill

The California Grill on top of Disney's Contemporary Resort is one of the most romantic and exciting places to eat at Walt Disney World. Check out the detailed review at PS Planning Guide.

All meals are made from scratch in a stage kitchen divided into seven stations, including a sushi bar, a brick pizza oven, a wood-burning grill and a dessert shop. .

Happy Planning!
    Scottwdw

Sorcerer of the Amazing PS Calculator
    Picture This! Disney Photo Blog

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Having eaten there this past December , I can attest to the fact that not only is it one of the nicest places to eat just in terms of atmosphere (the view of the MK at night is awesome), but the food is outstanding. If anyone would like to take me there for dinner one night, I can prove it to you.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I agree with Lou - both the atmosphere and the food are the top of the World (double-pun intended). I ate there in January for the first time. It was at the end of a very long day - morning AK behind the scenes tour, then continue AK, up to MK for flag lowering and to close, go check into hotel, then back to Contemporary for 9:45pm seating. We were absolutely exhausted and were perhaps a little disappointed in the slowness of the meal - BUT quality was excellent, especially the chocolate volcano thing for dessert. The restaurant was 180 degrees from all the cokes, turkey legs and french fries we passed by all day.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Gator Land Motel doesn't do that..

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    ...the chocolate volcano thing for dessert...
    Is it better than the Volcano at RC?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

I've not had the Sparkling Volcano at Rainforest, but the CG's Chocolate Lava after a full meal was almost too sweet to eat - I remember washing the lava down with lots of water!

"Chocolate Lava - Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake with molten center, Scotch caramel and white coffee ice cream $9.75"

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I ate at California Grill last Christmas. It has such a modern yet magical atmosphere. I ordered sushi and it was out of this world. CG is one of my favorite restaurants!

Scottwdw is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This review can now be found here: http://pscalculator.net/psreview_029.shtml

I loved it when I ate there a few years ago. Seeing the fireworks from up high was a real treat.
    Scottwdw

Sorcerer of the Amazing PS Calculator
    Picture This! Disney Photo Blog