Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Thank you to a generous guest! in the Vacation Planning forums; I was in line to pay for my dinner at the food court in POR when this pretty excited guest ahead me in line said put your tray up here ...
    disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Thank you to a generous guest!

I was in line to pay for my dinner at the food court in POR when this pretty excited guest ahead me in line said put your tray up here (on the counter in front of the cast member) I'm going to pay for your food. I have to say that I was rather flustered until I realized exactly what he meant. He said, I am leaving in about 10 minutes and I'm trying to use up all my meal credits before we leave. Well, needless to say I barely thanked him before I ran off to get my drink and dessert to go along with my now very tasty and free build your salad. By the time I got back with my cookie and bottle of water I barely got to shout another thank you to him as he ran to get where he needed to go. I didn't get his name or whether he was trying to catch a plane or what. He did take care of another families' meal as well. So, just in case he is a member of DWT thank you very very much and it certainly put a smile on my face and my DW & DW couldn't believe it. Of course, they had already gone through a different line for their meals. I know it was only $12 or so and it didn't really cost him anything out of his pocket, but I really appreciated it. It was a nice thing to do for complete strangers. I know its not a dream prize or anything but it just proves that there is magic in WDW.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Wow! That put a lump in my throat! What a wonderful and kind thing of that gentleman to do. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. It's uplifting to hear/read about "random acts of kindness."
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Cool what an awesome person!!!

It was amazing and I couldn't help smiling the rest of the night. I kept trying to think of something that I could do for another guest as a random act of kindness and I came up with giving away some fastpasses that we weren't going to use and anybody that was trying to figure out a park map or wasn't sure where they were going I tried to help. After 11 trips we're pretty confident in our park knowledge, lol. It sure made the rest of my trip more enjoyable. Dave
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Wow, talk about Disney Magic
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    That's very cool! Always pass along the magic like that. You never know who's day you'll make. In this case, you!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Clotosode is offline A-Ticket holder

That means yours nickname

Hi! My name is Jessika!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Hi Jessika. Welcome.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing and thank you, mystery guest, for making magic for another guest.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Welcome to DWT, Jessika!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    This is the sort of thing I love to see. It's similar to how when DH and I have picked up fast passes for a ride and not used them, we like to pass them onto others who could (there is another thread about this very topic so I'm not wanting to change what's being said here please). To me... a true Disney fan always has it in them to "pay it forward" in some way to other Disney fans. There are so many way to take care of each other like this.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    That is an incredible story!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice: