Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Whispering Canyon in the Vacation Planning forums; We're doing a trip in January with my mother and her husband and staying at the Wilderness Lodge (in a 2 bedroom villa - WOOT). She and I are starting ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Whispering Canyon

We're doing a trip in January with my mother and her husband and staying at the Wilderness Lodge (in a 2 bedroom villa - WOOT). She and I are starting to talk through our dining plans a bit and are thinking Aaron (my son) would enjoy the restaurant on property there, Whispering Canyon. We're thinking of doing dinner one night.

Has anyone ever been? What did you think? How was the little cowboy show? Was the food good? Do they take ADRs? Was it worth the money? Etc.?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

We go to the Whispering Canyon Cafe every trip and we love it!!!

Anything we've ever eaten there has been really good. I love the skillet for dinner! Check out the menu on allearsnet! They have the best bottomless shakes in the yummiest flavors! And watching all the fun and shananigans happen around you is the best part of the meal!

They do take ADR's and I say you should definitely book it!

DizPodDir is offline A-Ticket holder
    we dont go every trip (thats Ohana) but we have gone in the past and are going again in September. We enjoy it, and as our oldest is 3 now he hopefully will get more involved in the activites. Last December when he was 2 I think he went around with my wife following (ie supporting/cheering as parents do!) during one of the stick pony rides.

Its fun, food is pretty good (we get the family style meal in the skillet, just make sure you get the ketchup for the fries), and the bottomless milkshakes are great, even though I had to ask for a straw!

Mike

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    amazing food - fabulous entertainment - not for the faint at heart - you have to have a sense of humor to eat there - and it's worth every penny! i always recommend the whispering canyon cafe to friends who are going, even if they are not staying in the wilderness lodge or villas...

We're taking my dad there for his 70th birthday. I can't wait!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

LostGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just ate there for the first time last year and now its a must every time I go! Its definatley for people who like an interactive dining experience, instead of just one where you sit there and eat. The food is good too, but its certainly a resteraunt I reccommend.
    Since 1980
    26 trips to WDW
    9 stays at the Polynesian
    4 stays at the Wilderness Lodge
    2 stays at the Contemporary
    1 stay at the Grand Floridian
    1 stay at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (in a cabin)
    1 stay at All Star Sports
    9 stays off site
    2 Disney Cruises--Both on the DisneyWonder
    3 Trips to DLR
    1 stay at the Grand Californian
    1 stay at the Disneyland Hotel
    1 stay offsite at a Friendly Neighbor Hotel across the street
    1 Trip to Disneyland Paris (off site)

Next trip:
    Jan 4-6 2009 Wilderness Lodge

We are booked for dinner August 14th!

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    That is a great restaurant! But, there is no whispering going on! The food is very flavorfull and will fill you up fast. I recommend the skillet. That is a sampler of every thing there, but on steroids.
    -Zac

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We haven't eaten there in a long time, but I remember a brownie sundae that was more than any one person could eat, especially after a meal there. Go with the intention of being "part of the show".
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I would like to eat there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I would like to eat there right now.
    Sounds good to me!

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    When mini-V "Go with the intention of being "part of the show", it made me remember when we were there it was a couples anniversary. The husband had to ride a stck horse around the restaurant singing "You are my sunshine". The waiters are also very funny. This lady was on her cell phone and a waiter walked past her and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Quiet! She's on the phone!" It was pretty funny.
    -Zac

They really gave us a hard time about ordering the brownie sundae to share, and I'm not sure at the time, that I realized that they were kidding. We really need to go back.

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    Good food, and Good Times. I can tell you this, ask for the ketchup, and ask for a large drink. That's all I'm saying for now. You can tell us about it when you get back
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well I'm getting awfully psyched to do this. I can't believe I didn't even know about this place until mom booked our stay. Just too cool.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast