Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining Transportation Help in the Vacation Planning forums; Next week I am going to the world ( ). We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, and one morning we would like to go from there to Chef Mickeys ...
    wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Exclamation Dining Transportation Help

Next week I am going to the world ( ). We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, and one morning we would like to go from there to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. What is the best way to get there using Disney transportation as we will not have a car, and how early should we leave. If the best way is to go to a park and get on the monorail, which station should we go to? I am sad to say I have never been on the monorails and do not know where to go.
    Thanks for your help!
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have done this exact route. Easiest way is to take the bus to the MK and then turn RIGHT once you get to the sidewalk and walk to the Contemporary. It's a very short walk - 5 minutes or less - about like walking into a mall during a busy shopping day.

If you want, you can take the monorail from the MK, but, to be honest, it's just about the same distance to walk from the MK bus stop to the monorail station as it is to walk from the MK bus stop straight to the Contemporary - and you don't have to wait for a monorail.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    I have done this exact route. Easiest way is to take the bus to the MK and then turn RIGHT once you get to the sidewalk and walk to the Contemporary. It's a very short walk - 5 minutes or less - about like walking into a mall during a busy shopping day.

If you want, you can take the monorail from the MK, but, to be honest, it's just about the same distance to walk from the MK bus stop to the monorail station as it is to walk from the MK bus stop straight to the Contemporary - and you don't have to wait for a monorail.
    Perfect! I couldn't agree more!
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    If you ask sometime the bus driver will take you there on the way to the next stop... we have done this before. I have taken the monorail as well, but have never walked.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can always take a taxi too. I had to do that in Dec to get to the Polynesian early one morning.

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    thanks for the help! I dont know if we want to get a taxi when it is that close to the magic kingdom. I guess we will try walking and maybe get my first ride on the monorail going back to the kingdom
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13