Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Whispering Canyon Tips? in the Vacation Planning forums; we just got word from our travel agent that we got all of our ADRs set for our January trip! first choices on times/locations across the board...I love January. Anyway...we ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Whispering Canyon Tips?

we just got word from our travel agent that we got all of our ADRs set for our January trip! first choices on times/locations across the board...I love January.

Anyway...we are going to Whispering Canyon Cafe for the first time and have two kids who will be 4 and 2.5 years old. I have heard various stories about crazy things the waiters do...any tips on what we should look for when we're there. Our kids are pretty silly and love anything silly...

(We also got: Chef Mickeys, Crystal palace, Sci Fi, Mama Melrose, Le Cellier, Tusker House, Boma, Rose and crown and Liberty Tree Tavern...6 new experiences and the rest returning favorites that we work into most trips)
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The food is kind of dry so be sure to ask for some ketchup. Lots of ketchup .
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    The food is kind of dry so be sure to ask for some ketchup. Lots of ketchup .
    I wouldn't say that... you're going to make them want to re-think their ADRs! The food is fantastic (but do feel free to ask for Ketchup anyway). Also, see if you can get a "large" refill for your beverage.

Oh, and as a side note. If any of the servers or other cast members call on you to take part in something that you perhaps feel is a bit too childish or foolish, and maybe you don't really want to do it... just grin and bear it and do it anyway. I assure you, if you refuse to take part (there's always someone who does), there will be a much bigger scene made about you being a party pooper than if you just go along with it and get it over with. Besides, it's usually good fun, and because everyone else is in the same boat, nobody will judge you. It's Disney!

Whispering Canyon Cafe is probably my #1 favorite restaurant in all of WDW. The best advice I can give you is to understand that the name of the place is misleading. Whispering Canyon sounds peaceful and serene, but the place is anything but. Don't go in expecting a quiet dinner, and be prepared to ham things up a bit and have a little (or a lot) of fun, and you will be treated to a dining experience very much unlike any you have ever had before. Great food, great fun... a definite must-see (must-see, smell, taste... everything)!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes the food is wonderful. Some of the best on property. But it can always use some ketchup!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    and a large drink
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Extra straws always come in handy too!