Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss Need dining advice? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by dolce20 No killing, don't worry! I could tell you more restaurants that take one dining ticket but the ones I told you are truly my personal favorites. ...
    disneyloverrr14 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dolce20 View Post
    No killing, don't worry! I could tell you more restaurants that take one dining ticket but the ones I told you are truly my personal favorites. Like I said, Kona Cafe in the Poly is great. Since you're already going to Ohaha (my absolute fave) then maybe you want to skip Kona or try it for lunch as opposed to dinner. Whispering Canyon is a good one-ticket dinner but it is a limited menu. It's an all you can eat but with just a few items. The service and atmostphere is festive and it's a great hotel (Wilderness Lodge) to walk around in after.

If I were you I'd try for a few of the more upscale restaurants to mix in with the 1-ticket places.

Good luck!
    Thanks soo very muchh....but my cousin wanted to know if you have any faves. inside the parks....
    JessicaRoseexox

"All who come to this happy place welcome....."
    -Walt Disney

dolce20 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi there again,

Well, Marrakesh and Le Cellier are inside a park (EPCOT).
    For the other parks, here is what I like:

Brown Derby (MGM/Hollywood Studios): While the atmosphere isn't as kitchy or outrageous as the Sci-Fi or the Prime Time, the food here is top notch. You mentioned once something about healthy - well, the Derby has a tofu dish that even as a meat eater I absolutely love. Their cobb salad is famous as is their wonderful grapefruit cake. The service is for the most part excellent with a slightly more refined touch than the other options in the park.

Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom): For lunch, I think this place is somewhat overlooked. Their soup is suprisingly good and always tastes homemade. Their sandwiches are substantial and delicious and you can stay healthy here for the most part. Although it's a very busy place, I find it easy to relax here, especially if you go to lunch first thing (11:45am or so).

I gave you my suggestions for EPCOT and with regard to Animal Kingdom, Yak & Yeti is new, fun and yummy.

Good luck!
    Jamie

33 years old...35 times to WDW...and counting..!

"We're really bad eggs, drink up me 'earties YO HO!"
    "Veggie veggie fruit fruit - cha cha cha!"
    "Kungaloosh!"

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks to everyone who are answering these questions! Here's mine:

I've been to Disney almost 20 times now, but we've never really done the sit down dining thing. Well, this time around we've opted for the Dining Plan. We get 7 sit down meals on this trip and these are the ADRs we have right now (they are all dinners):

50s Prime Time Cafe
    Crystal Palace
    Liberty Tree Tavern (before Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party)
    Whispering Canyon Cafe
    Ohana
    Chef Mickeys
    Garden Grill (with VIP seating to Candelight Processional)

I booked these restaurants because they got good reviews, etc. and now that I look at them, I see that 5 or 6 out of 7 of them are all-you-can-eat places. My concern is not that we're going to over eat everynight, but that we will be eating the same thing every night. Is the fare at these buffets/family-style restaurants that I've chosen the same, or will we have different experiences?

So if they are all the same, what should we reserve instead? My sister and I are the ones who are going and we are both pretty picky eaters, although I would like to start "expanding my horizons." If this helps you get an idea of what we like, we have been perfectly content with eating counter service meals for dinner on all of our previous trips.

I have one additional question as well: can you give me more details about the Whispering Canyon Cafe? The website says buffet dinner, but some of the reviews I've read say that they ordered a la carte. Can someone clarify?

Thanks in advance for the help!!
    ~Ashleigh

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Whispering Canyon has an all-you-can-eat item called a Skillet. It is literally a HUGE skillet that is brought to your table. If you want more, they bring you more. However, if you do not wish to eat the skillet, you can order other things.

We went for breakfast and I must say it is one of my favorite places to eat! Very interactive. Be sure and ask for the ketchup.

Garden Grill is another favorite. The food is very good and the characters are great. They spent as much time as they needed with us before moving on.

OHana- need I say it's another favorite? A vastly different experience than the others. It is my son's favorite place to eat because of the peel and eat shrimp. They also enjoyed the coconut races.

I think you picked some great ones. While Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace may be similar in fare, the experiences are different. The dessert buffet is better at Chef Mickey's according to my children.

We will be dining at all of these places in December. Good choices.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks - I'm really excited now!!
    ~Ashleigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12