Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss DDP..share meals? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone, doing the DDP for the first time this year and my question is: We won't be sharing dinners on the DDP, but what about breakfast and lunch? Our ...
    MinneTinK is offline A-Ticket holder

Question DDP..share meals?

Hi everyone, doing the DDP for the first time this year and my question is:

We won't be sharing dinners on the DDP, but what about breakfast and lunch? Our original plan was to bring granola bars or pop tarts or something with us and have that for breakfast and then just each get our cs meal for lunch, ts for dinner. But now I'm thinking that we might be able to split a cs breakfast and a cs lunch..? We aren't huge eaters, esp. @ breakfast time but I know we will need our energy getting up so early and going to the parks and I fear we will get sick of granola/pop tarts
    Alexis

Laughter is America's most important export-Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sure, you can do this at the counter serves! You can also use snack credits for things like fruit, chocolate milk, pastries, etc. that can fill in if a meal isn't quite enough for two.

A tip: you can ask for a cup of ice at any counter serve and it's free! If you get a large drink with your meal, you can easily split it into the second cup of ice.

Another tip: if you order a double burger meal, you can order a second bun for about $0.85. Split the double into two singles, and voila! Lunch for 2 for a CS credit and less than a $1 cash.

One more, though not entirely sure this is the case at all restaurants: Counter Serve credits in at least some locations are NOT designated adult/child. For example, at Toy Story Pizza Planet there are no kids meals on the menu - all credits the same. If you get the Pizza + Salad combo meal, it is easily enough to split. At another CS I was told by the CM all CS credits are the same, but I'm not sure if he meant just there or everywhere. Can anyone else confirm this?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sharing is great. Look at the "post a disney dining picture a day" thread and you can see some of the portions. Huge. My DD and I split several meals. So, I agree with disneydame2004, optimize you DDP credits and split or share when you can.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Sure, you can do this at the counter serves! You can also use snack credits for things like fruit, chocolate milk, pastries, etc. that can fill in if a meal isn't quite enough for two.

A tip: you can ask for a cup of ice at any counter serve and it's free! If you get a large drink with your meal, you can easily split it into the second cup of ice.

Another tip: if you order a double burger meal, you can order a second bun for about $0.85. Split the double into two singles, and voila! Lunch for 2 for a CS credit and less than a $1 cash.

One more, though not entirely sure this is the case at all restaurants: Counter Serve credits in at least some locations are NOT designated adult/child. For example, at Toy Story Pizza Planet there are no kids meals on the menu - all credits the same. If you get the Pizza + Salad combo meal, it is easily enough to split. At another CS I was told by the CM all CS credits are the same, but I'm not sure if he meant just there or everywhere. Can anyone else confirm this?
    so can I use a snack credit for like a bagel or muffin in the morning? How about a Dole whip?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I believe that Dole Whips are counted as a snack credit. Or it did last November on the older plan.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Dole Whips, definitely snack credits. Even the floats are, or at least were last month.

Muffins, definitely at the Main Street Bakery and Sunshine Seasons. Croissants and Cinnamon Buns also.

There is a list of confirmed snacks on the 2008 plan on 2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com that looks really useful! Big thanks to Joyce Johnson for it!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

flutter is offline Moderator
    Wow thats great, thanks Pat...now I just need to get the printer to work