Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Is the Deluxe Dining Plan Worth It? in the Vacation Planning forums; I am going for 5 days in April, with my Boyfriend...and am wondering if i should consider the Deluxe Dining Plan? I am considering it because my girlfriend and her ...
    kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Is the Deluxe Dining Plan Worth It?

I am going for 5 days in April, with my Boyfriend...and am wondering if i should consider the Deluxe Dining Plan? I am considering it because my girlfriend and her hubby are doing a vow renewal, and she and I have been talking about the 4 of us going out for a nice dinner, either California Grill or Narcoossee's. And I am definitely making ADR for Breakfast at Cindy's for he and I...and i know that takes 2 table credits for both of us...as will either of the other spots... anyone have any thoughts? my one problem is the extra $70 per person..although we can buy discounted tickets as guests of the vow renewal.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    This should help you make an informed decision. From All Ears last month.

Doing the Math: 2009 Disney Dining Plans

Have a fun trip!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just to give you a consumer perspective on it: the general consensus I've heard is that it's waaaayyyy too much food for one to eat in a single day. 3 sit down meals is a lot, and you're right - it is fairly expensive. Most people can't even eat 3 sit down meals a day, not to mention the snacks you get while on the plan. Now, I've seen the math done, and for these dining plans, you really have to take advantage of all every snack and meal for it to be worth it.

Another thing to consider is how much time it will take you out of the parks (if that matters to you). Any sit down meal is going to take you AT LEAST one hour (probably closer to two at dinner), so that's at least 3-4 hours, not including wait times. Even with ADRs (highly recommended!!), you may still have some kind of wait before you are seated.

So, in order for this to work for most people who consume an average amount of food, you would probably have to eat a two-credit meal every night for you to get the most out of the plan. That would still give you two table-service meals (which is still a lot) every day. My advice would be to get the regular dining plan and then just pay for the extra meal that would have been taken up by the credit you used for Cindy's.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!!
    ~Ashleigh

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    thanks Ashleigh!
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003