Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Will free dining change next year? in the Vacation Planning forums; The rumor mill is floating again for 2009 Free Dining. Apparently the UK offers are out and next year the free dining offered will be the newly created lowest cost, ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Will free dining change next year?

The rumor mill is floating again for 2009 Free Dining. Apparently the UK offers are out and next year the free dining offered will be the newly created
    lowest cost, Counter Service dining.

My guess is it is likely to matched for domestic free dining.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Of course it will! What better way to encourage hard hit families to travel to WDW and spend money during this economic downturn then to raise rates and lower services! Sorry had to vent. We were thinking on jumping on the free dining for '09. Man Disney sure is making Universal sound better and better.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really do think that one of the main reasons that they are starting up the counter service meal plan is so that they can change the free dining offers over to counter service meal offers. However, if these economic times get worse and Disney needs gimmicks to get people into the parks, they may switch back to the regular 1 CS, 1 snack, 1 TS/day free plan.
    ~Ashleigh

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm not sure about anyone else's sources. But I can tell you that I was at WDW two weeks ago and booked the bounceback offer of Free Dining for next September - it was the exact same offer we went on this year and last year. Rack rate for the room, one-day park admission (I have an AP) and Standard MYW Dining. We were also offered the opportunity to upgrade to deluxe dining for the difference in cost. But, heck, we couldn't eat all the food on the basic plan.

So, I'll be staying at Scopa Towers for 14 nights beginning 9/24/09 with free food - SWEET!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The rumor mill is floating again for 2009 Free Dining. Apparently the UK offers are out and next year the free dining offered will be the newly created
    lowest cost, Counter Service dining.

My guess is it is likely to matched for domestic free dining.
    The deal is that UK'ers can book a Moderate resort and get the Quick Service meal plan for free, or book a Deluxe resort and get the regular Disney Dining Plan for free.

Walt Disney WorldŽ - Stay at a Disney Resort and eat for FREE!

MouseSavers.com also has this offer listed: MouseSavers.com - Disney Discounts for UK and Ireland Visitors!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Sounds like class warfare to me
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Interesting!

Wonder if the Value Resorts will be offered free dining options for 2009 for domestic reservations. Bounce backs do not seem to be of concern for 09.

With our economy in its present state who knows what WDW might be offering to entice visitors.