Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Character Meal Tips in the Vacation Planning forums; I like to help my follow Disney fans out. So here a few little tips that I picked up when I visit with my two girls this pass May 04. ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Character Meal Tips

I like to help my follow Disney fans out. So here a few little tips that I picked up when I visit with my two girls this pass May 04. I already posted some of these tips some were else on this site, but I thought the dinning forum would be better.So here we go: If you have children or just love to mingle with the characters I found tht if you get late PS for example dinner at 8:30pm instead of maybe 4-6pm the normal dinner rush time the characters linger a lot longer at your table plus they come back around 2 maybe 3 times. You say how do I know alright I will tell you. The family and I (which consit of my two girls 6 and 10 at the time, my mom, my stepdad and my stepsister was 15 at the time) went to the Crystal Place for dinner. Since I booked all of our PS I decided on the last meal plus that all that was left that day. When we got there most of the dinner crowd was leaving and one it was late and two wishes was about to start ( crystal palace was a great place to view the fireworks) Anyway as you all know or don't know this is the character meal were you can see Winnie the Pooh and the gang. Now the characters did their usual rounds of coming to the table signing the girls book and taking pictures. but wht I notice was the place was getting empty fast because everybody was runnig out side to get a good spot to see wishes. So to our good fourtune the characters came back aroud again taking more pictures and to my girls delight just spending more time with them and palying around with them. The best part was when they were cleaning the resturant the characters still stay out and took more pictures and they really were clowing around with the kids and the remaining guest that stay around. So what I see is since most of the park is looking at parades and firework and since they have a parade and wishes every night (maybe even two parades) I think it a good time to do a character meal because you won't feel rush or that they didn't spend a enough time with you because they have to get to other guest in the resturant. So if you don't mind eating late I would adivse trying this out just once because it was my girls first time to Disney and they had most of there fun clowing and palying with the Characters at the meals instead of the ones walking around the park (they like them too) but enjoyed the ones in the resturant a whole lot better. I will posted some other character meals we experince with the same results later. HOPE THIS HELPS

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I never thought of CP for viewing wishes, thanks for the nice idea! (I LOVE the CP!!!!) My son worships Pooh!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Trust me it worth it. Try and go to the last meal we booked it actually at the door we got lucky because usually if you try a walk up PS they are usually all full. So call ahead and ask for the last seating say around 8:30 if memory severes me right wishes usually starts at 9 and your son can play with the characters and you can see wish right outside of the cp have fun and I hope this helps