Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Artist Point in the Vacation Planning forums; I just have to say, WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! This place is awesome. Totally worth the 2 table service credits. I'd been dreaming about that buffalo sirloin steak for awhile and ...
    LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

Artist Point

I just have to say, WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! This place is awesome. Totally worth the 2 table service credits. I'd been dreaming about that buffalo sirloin steak for awhile and it completely lived up to expectations. I was figuring on the atmosphere being a little stuffy but it really wasn't, but definitely not the place to bring your screaming toddler lol. That's not to say I didn't see several families there (there is a kids menu) but I highly doubt any kid would choose AP over Chef Mickey's or something of that ilk.

Meal started out with fresh sourdough bread that was amazing. I went in knowing I'd be ordering the buffalo steak, but the rest of the menu does cover a variety of tastes. I subbed in the roasted fingerling potatoes for the sweet potatoes. If you go and order the buffalo, keep in mind this is not a meat works being cooked past medium. I normally eat steaks and whatnot at medium and purposely ordered it medium rare. The buffalo meat is naturally leaner and because of that gets very tough and dry if overcooked. I tried a piece of my father's steak which was done medium and even that bordered on chewy. The entree was absolutely dreamy although I could have done with a few more potatoes.

For dessert I was in fret over the berry cobbler which I've heard nothing but good things about, and a double chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis and grand marnier whipped cream. I asked our waiter (who was nothing but attentive and helpful) and he said "Do you like chocolate? Do you like cheesecake? Ok you're getting this". When he returned to collect our plates I had a big stupid grin on my face and you wouldn't have been able to chisel it off.

If Artist Point at all appeals to you, do it, you won't regret it.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    This is my family's favorite restaurant. My children love the salmon and just really enjoyed it. I love the buffalo and I believe I have had the steak. The appetizers weren't really a good choice for children though. It is a must do for us! Now, the kids also like Chef Mickey's but they want to do both!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Now I want that cheesecake right now! My DS had either Christmas or Thanksgiving Dinner there last year and was so pleased.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We've been to Artist Point a few times and have enjoyed our meal each time. It's one of our favorite restaurants as well.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tink127 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We love Artist Pointe.....the truffle oil on the french fries....yummo
    April 09 WL (Family Vacation); Dec 08 Swan ( I survived chemo trip); March 08 GF; March 07 WL, March 06 WL, March 05 WL

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    We'll have to try Artist Point some time. We were thinking about eating there when we stayed at the Polynesian this past summer but decided against it because we didn't think there would be anything my 16-year-old sister would have eaten there. Due to extenuating circumstances, she went back to live with her father, so we might have the opportunity to try it now at some point.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter