Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Food and Wine Festival in the Vacation Planning forums; I have been reading some negative reviews of this year's Food and Wine Festival..and I had a thought. What if Disney got together with the Food Network to do F&W? ...
    kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Food and Wine Festival

I have been reading some negative reviews of this year's Food and Wine Festival..and I had a thought. What if Disney got together with the Food Network to do F&W? They have a lot of great chefs and could do cool special events. I'd love to see a Throw Down with Bobby Flay...they could do ones with Disney Chefs and maybe even local people.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    as someone that only watches the Food Network - that would be awesome. Bobby Flay, Duff, Paula Dean...they would draw such a huge crowd. I think it would be a great idea!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    The Food Network did a Food and Wine Festival last month in NYC, they did a good job
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Food Network is always at Disney. I've seen at least 3 or 4 shows they filmed there. Caught a fun Dinner Impossible the other day I hadn't seen before. It seems they already have that relationship between the two companies so it could certainly be done. How much fun would like a taping of the Food Network stars' shows be? Like go to Epcot and sit in the audience of Paula's Party or (drooool) Guy Off the Hook. Ohhh yeah I'd so be there for that.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    They've had Food Network Chefs there in the past. I believe Cat Cora was there one year. What are the bad reviews you are reading this year saying?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I was curious as to the negative reviews as well. We've been several times this year, and certainly didn't find that much that we found unappealing.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    They've had Food Network Chefs there in the past. I believe Cat Cora was there one year. What are the bad reviews you are reading this year saying?

I Believe she was there last year
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have been twice this year and I am going again tomorrow. I think it is great this year! I love how they have themed the booths to look like the country that they represent. I am not a wine drinker, and I think people are not happy about some of the wine events maybe? But as far as the food booths go, it is awsome! And the new gift card that you can buy and wear around your wrist to pay for the food is really convenient.

I've seen some people saying they would like to see different, more imaginative things. Like from Italy..why always Ziti? I mean I understand you go with ziti because it sells since lots of people eat it. But being 50% Italian myself, there is far more to our food than that. And some reviews were saying the food quality seems to have gone down a tiny bit. Also read they want more entertaining activities. Let the Food Network Chefs both the famous ones and the ones behind the scenes take over the menus and help with the cooking.

Like me, I love Throw Down With Bobby Flay, there are enough restaurants in WDW alone for him to do a different show every day..LOL. I too would love to see Paula Deen and Duff do shows..and Down Home with the Neelys...LOVE THEM!
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports Oct 2003

Well some of the reviews have said they want to see more creative food items offered. Such as in Italy, why always Ziti? I'm sure cause its popular, but being 50% Italian myself I know there's more to offer than that. Other reviews have said food was so-so. I was just wondering if they let the F.N. Chefs (both the famous and behind the scenes) take over the menus and cooking what would happen. Think about it..how cool would it be to wander over to Italy to sample their booth and see Giada cooking away one day?

Like with Throwdown With Bobby Flay..there are more than enough great chefs in WDW, he could do a different show every day. Or Paula's Party live from WDW. Down Home With the Neelys and Road Tasted with the Neelys in WDW. Duff and Charm City Cakes could make cool WDW Themed Cakes. I will never be able to afford to hire CCC and Duff so I'd love a chance to taste one of their creations though.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports Oct 2003

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm a big fan of the ziti. I've had it twice. It's very filling. I would assume that part of the reason that the food may need to be simple is because they are serving from temporary "kitchens". It's not like they are actually making the food at each station.

I don't watch the food network, so it would mean very little to have a TV chef behind the counter. (I have the same reaction to soap opera stars for the same reason.) I would become annoyed if the lines got longer and slower because people in the know wanted autographs.

The real variety in food offerings can be found at Party for the Senses, a hard ticket event during F&W.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.