Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Changes, Fantasmic Dinner Show Package in the Vacation Planning forums; This was from last evenings All Ears Newsletter. Wonder if Disney is notifying guests of this change when booking if this is a permanent change? ... from ( name deleted ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Changes, Fantasmic Dinner Show Package

This was from last evenings All Ears Newsletter. Wonder if Disney is notifying guests of this change when booking if this is a permanent change?

... from (name deleted): We just got back from the World on October
    18. Very crowded but fun. We had a party of 10 and I had made
    reservations for the Fantasmic Dinner Show Package. It has
    changed. They no longer let you in the back way. You have to
    enter with the HERD of people. They only have a small roped off
    place to sit, so in my opinion it is not worth booking the
    package. No real advantage. The only reason I booked it was
    because there were 10 of us and it would have been much easier
    to go in the back instead of with the herd. Just some
    information to anyone thinking about booking that. We ended up
    not even sitting in the reserved section and had wonderful
    seats!

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    No need to offer the package at all if you don't get to avoid the big crowd and long wait time to get a decent seat. The package seats weren't great, but we were definitely able to do a few more things between dinner and Fantasmic that we wouldn't have had time to do if we were waiting in line or holding seats for the show. This is disappointing because I was going to book the dinner package again the next time we went.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I saw that last night too. I tried to book a Fantasmic dinner package about a month ago and they were all booked up, so I'm glad I didn't change our reservation at any other restaurants that we wanted to go to just for this!
    ~Ashleigh

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That was reported in the "All Ears Hears" section of the newsletter, so it is not verified information. It's possible that there was some other reason they weren't using the back entrance that night.

If it is a permanent change, you would still have access to the reserved seating section if you came closer to show time, so you wouldn't have to get there any earlier than you did with the package, assuming they are still reserving the same 2 far right sections.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We just got back on Monday. We also had the Fantasmic Dining Experience package. Last year they took us in the back way, but this year we went in with all the other guests. We then went to our seating area where we handed in the voucher we were given at dinner. The rain waited until 7:30 to start (and rained hard) at which time the show was cancelled. I probably wouldn't pay for the package again since we usually don't go at the most crowded times of the year.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Tim at Magical Travel was apparently able to get an answer out of
    WDW Executive Offices. Tim posted this on Walt Disney Boards:

I just had a phone call from April in the Executive Offices at WDW. She verified that they have indeed changed the procedures. Fantasmic Dining Package guests are now being asked to check in at the top of the hill in the normal queue about 30-45 minutes before showtime. They will then be directed to the reserved section.

You'll still get your seat in the reserved section and be able to show up later than most people do for the standby line, but no more going backstage at Oscar's...sorry, folks!

I'm sorry. I'm not paying for a Dinner Package that requires me to show up 30-45 minutes early and go through the crowd too. Disney isn't sharing these changes when booking the package (per posts on other site) likely because these folks just are not aware yet. Maybe they should read our forums!
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 11-12-2008 at 11:22 AM.