Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Where Should I Eat? (dining plan) in the Vacation Planning forums; My wife and I am going to be staying is Disney for the first time this coming February, and I am trying to figure out the best places to eat ...
    8bits is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Where Should I Eat? (dining plan)

My wife and I am going to be staying is Disney for the first time this coming February, and I am trying to figure out the best places to eat dinner (that I can use my dining plan at).

Since I am not at all familiar with the restaurants, any input I could get would be very helpful.

My wife is vegetarian, so as long as there are some options for her then we are good.

We want to eat at at least 1 signature restarant, and we are thinking about 1 character dining (or is that mostly for the kids?)

Thanks

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Well you've come to the right place, I am sure you will get tons of input here. Have you looked at the menus on Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World? Great place to start. I've never paid attention to the vegetarian choices but some of my faves are Le Cellier, Nine Dragons, Yak and Yeti, 50s Prime Time and Boma to name just a few! You'd better get cracking on booking your PSs, some of these are hard to come by.

Welcome to DWT!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    You didn't say if you were looking for places in the parks or out of the parks so I will cover both.

In the parks.

MK - For a character meal I would recommend Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh characters.) If you go for a late lunch it will hold you over for the rest of the night and you can get a churro for a snack later. It is a buffet so you can eat all you want and the food is good.

Epcot -Sit down at the Biergarten is really good. And a good value.

LeCelier is supposed to be the best food on property but very hard to get into. Call now to get a ressie.

AK - I haven't eaten a sit down here but I hear that Yak & Yeti should be at the top of the list.

DHS - We love Mama Melrose. Another buffet so you can get your money's worth.

Outside the parks -

Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon is a ton of fun. But Artist's Pointe is supposed to be a close second to LeCelier.

Poly - Kona Cafe or Ohana are both great and if you time it right you can watch Wishes from the beach after dinner.

AKL - Boma gets great reviews though I haven't eaten there yet.

Contemporary - California Grill go for dinner and ask for a view of MK. If you time it right you can watch Wishes over dessert.

That's what I can think of right now. If I think of anything else, I'll post here.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bits View Post
    and we are thinking about 1 character dining (or is that mostly for the kids?)

Thanks

No way! Character dining is fun for all ages! It's also a great way to interact and get pictures with the characters without having to stand in a bunch of long lines. And plus, most character dinners (if not all) are buffets, so there will be plenty of vegetarian options. Of course, if you decide to get a reservation for a character meal, it may be better to get it later on, so there's the possibility of less children running around. You'll be surprised when you get there at how many adults are there without children.

Also, I know this was already mentioned, but I want to reiterate that Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World is a GREAT place to start. You can see sample menus (of course, everything is subject to change, but they try to keep them updated) and reviews. The reviews will greatly help you in deciding where you want to go. For example, when I was looking over restaurants, I saw the Whispering Canyon Cafe. After reading the reviews, I knew that I would have a great experience there based on my personality, but others would definately have a horrible experience (you'll see what I'm talking about if you read the reviews). That's why the reviews are really helpful.

And another thing - have fun! Reading the menus/reviews and making the ADRs is definately a really fun part in planning your vacation.
    ~Ashleigh

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    my favorite places to eat are: Boma, San Angel Inn, Chefs de France (especially for lunch), Whispering Canyon Cafe, 'ohana, Kona Cafe, Biergarten, Chef Mickey's for breakfast, House of Blues
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Epcot - Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, Rose & Crown
    MK - Crystal Palace, Restaurant Plaza, Liberty Tree Tavern
    DHS - 50s Prime Time, Si-Fi Dine-In, Mama Melroses, Hollywood & Vine
    AK - Tusker House

They are a few of our favourite places to eat in the parks!

You can find the menus listed here: Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney