Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining Plan Snack Tips in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all! We're an experienced Disney family but a first time Dining plan user for our next trip. Can anyone give me tips/experiences with their snack credits? The "plan" lists ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Dining Plan Snack Tips

Hi all!

We're an experienced Disney family but a first time Dining plan user for our next trip.

Can anyone give me tips/experiences with their snack credits? The "plan" lists drinks, chips, popcorn and ice cream treats as things you can use credits for but I know I've seen/heard more options than that on podcasts...

Is there a list somewhere that you get that tells you what you can use that credit for? Can anyone share things that they've successfully (or unsuccessfully) used them for?

I don't want to be one of those idiots in line that just doesn't get it...plus with two hungry little ones in tow, I want any transactions to be as quick as possible without the haggling.

Thanks!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We tend to use our credits for drinks, ice cream (only occassionally), popcorn, and mainly Mickey Rice Krispie treats. Toward the end I go cash in the credits and buy as many RK treats as we can and take them home. They handle the airplane ride pretty good.

Most things are marked if it is on a menu or in the "grab and go" section of food courts. I think some of confusion happens when you try to buy some prepackaged snacks but I haven't ever tried to do this.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    It basically is that any food item $4 or less is a snack credit. I've used them for bakery items in the morning for breakfast, Dole Whips, ice cream (okay, so the diet goes out the window while on vacation!).

There is a list compiled on another board that is very helpful: 2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I want to thank you PlutoGirl! I had been wondering the same thing!

Thanks Pat for posting the link!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    instead of using our snack credits on like a mickey bar we will get like a huge rootbeer float in the mk from Mrs.Potts or smoothies in tomorrowland or huge brownies from a small cafe in DHS whichever dessert looks biggest to us is what we get haha!! im getting hungry just thinking about it!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well that definately clears things up! I was kind of unsure about the snack options too. Even though Disney has obviously tried to make it easier, saying that almost anything under $4 is considered a snack, it was still kind of a gray area.
    ~Ashleigh

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This is all great!!! Thanks!!!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...