Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Meal Plan/Counter Service tips needed in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all! We added the dining plan after we had reservations and we currently have 1 too many table services and one counter service too few on our "plan". We're ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Meal Plan/Counter Service tips needed

Hi all!

We added the dining plan after we had reservations and we currently have 1 too many table services and one counter service too few on our "plan".

We're staying in the cabins and have two guys under 5 so we planned to do all of our breakfasts at the cabin. I was thinking maybe we could do one counter service breakfast and use our $200 gift card from the new package deal to pay for the add'l table service.

Problem is..no counter service restaurants appear to be in Fort Wilderness. We really prefer not to waste time in the parks with breakfast, plus our kids (and I) will need to eat before 9am. Any thoughts on place in nearby resorts (CR or maybe WL?) that have good options for something like this. Another thought I had was going over to get beignets at POFQ but I see they count as a snack...

Basically I'm weighing too many options probably and with minimal exposure to what's available at WL and CR. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Almost under 60 days!!!! I can't wait!!!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Wilderness Lodge has a counter-service place that serves breakfast, Roaring Forks. It has pretty good food, a convenient location (walk up from the boat dock staying to the right of the pool. It's just inside the main building) Roaring Fork - Fast Food - Wilderness Lodge

Contemporary's construction work leaves them only with Tempo Grab-and-Go, which doesn't seem to have breakfast items listed: Tempo Grab and Go Contemporary Resort

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Whoops! Spoke too soon: yesterday the Contemporary Resort's new Counter Service restaurant, Contempo Cafe, opened! See Contempo Café - Contemporary Resort (The “World” According to Jack) for pictures and details!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    [quote=PlutoGirl;746059]. I was thinking maybe we could do one counter service breakfast and use our $200 gift card from the new package deal to pay for the add'l table service.

quote]

I would double check before you count on that. I seem to recall that the
    $200 gift card was for merchandise only.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 11-24-2008 at 12:25 PM.