Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss HELP! Do I need a park ticket to eat at Ohana? in the Vacation Planning forums; Our whole family is going to Disney for Christmas. Because the ages and interest levels are not the same for all of us, we made the decision to stay offsite. ...
    hkfbunny is offline A-Ticket holder

Question HELP! Do I need a park ticket to eat at Ohana?

Our whole family is going to Disney for Christmas. Because the ages and interest levels are not the same for all of us, we made the decision to stay offsite. We do have meal reservations one night for Ohana...but I need to know if we have to have park tickets to eat there. My family will have park tickets for the entire trip - but others will not.

Also - where the heck IS Ohana!? When I look at maps it appears to be in the Polynesian just outside of the Magic Kingdom...but I've seen others refer to it being in Downtown Disney.

Thanks for your help - I know these are all rookie questions and I appreciate your patience.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    O'hana is in the Polynesian Resort, outside of the parks so no park admission is needed. Do you realize there is no menu for O'hana and that everyone is brought the same food to the table. You may want to request a Castle view, not guaranteed but it's possible. Here is their menu......http://allears.net/menu/menu_oh.htm
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Just tell the parking attendant that you are having dinner at 'Ohana and you will not have to pay for parking.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Be prepared to show identification as well - a driver's licence will do.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    If your dinner finished close to Wishes and gives you enough time, an alternate and equally AWESOME viewing location is from the beach near the pool
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nope, you won't need park admission since Ohana is in a resort, not a park.

Just keep in mind that Ohana is on the pricey side, around $25 per person it I remember correctly, and everyone is brought the same food to the table, there's not really any choice in what you get. They serve a Hawaiian/Oriental themed meal.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter