Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Whispering Canyon Cafe- any good? in the Vacation Planning forums; Any info on this place? we have not tried it yet and I was putting it on my list of places to go when we're in WDW? We are a ...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator

Whispering Canyon Cafe- any good?

Any info on this place? we have not tried it yet and I was putting it on my list of places to go when we're in WDW? We are a couple of goofballs so we wont be put off by any silly antics. So is it fun? And most important is the food good? Any info would be appreciated..... and be forewarned this is the first of many on the list that I'll be asking about

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I hear it's good - avoid the ketchup though.

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Any info on this place? we have not tried it yet and I was putting it on my list of places to go when we're in WDW? We are a couple of goofballs so we wont be put off by any silly antics. So is it fun? And most important is the food good? Any info would be appreciated..... and be forewarned this is the first of many on the list that I'll be asking about

I have never been for dinner, but breakfast is very good! It is served family style. It must be good for dinner too, because it is always crowded!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Researched it for ya:

Family style all-you-can-eat or a la carte selections

Breakfast - American favorites - all-you-can-eat breakfast skillets and a la carte selections.
    Lunch and Dinner - smoke house favorites served in rip roarin' style. All-you-can-eat skillets; a la carte selections including sandwiches, salads, roasted chicken and maple glazed pork chops.

Breakfast:
    $9.69 Guest ages 12 and up
    $5.89Guest ages 3 to 11
    A la carte menu is also offered

Lunch:
    $13.99 Guest ages 12 and up
    $ 7.39 Guest ages 3 to 11
    A la carte menu available

Dinner:
    $21.99 Guest ages 12 and up
    $ 8.79 Guestages 3 to 11
    A la carte menu available
    No charge for children under 3
    Hot and Cold beverages for all meals are $1.99
    DESSERT IS NOT INCLUDED-it is priced a la carte

Menu Highlights:

Breakfast Skillet:
    All-You-Can-Eat Skilletwhich includes Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Country Breakfast Meats, Campfire Biscuits, Home-baked Breakfast Bread, and Mini Waffles

***A La Carte selections also available***

Lunch Skillet:
    All-You-Can-Eat Skilletwhich includes St. Louis Style Smoked Spare Ribs, Herb Garlic Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Canyon Pork Sausage, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, and Corn Bread

***A La Carte selections also available - Fried Chicken, Rancher Rick's Nachos, Chicken Quesadillas, Meatloaf, Vegetarian Pasta, Sandwiches, and Burgers***

Dinner Skillet:
    All-You-Can Eat Skilletwhich includes St. Louis Style Smoked Spare Ribs, Herb Garlic Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Canyon Pork Sausage, Beef Stew, and Corn on the Cob. Also served with the skillet is a dinner, salad, corn bread, and biscuits.

***A La Carte selections also available - Maple Glazed Pork Chops, Meatloaf, NY Steak, Chicken and Vegetarian Pasta, and a Daily Chef Special ***

Desserts:
    Banana Dust Bowl, Chocolate Mousse Cake, Apple Pie, and Worms in the Dirt

dizchick73 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've been there a few times and we love it! the food is great and the waiters, waitresses and everyone working there is a blast (like Prime Time Cafe country-style)!

great - thanks one down and about 15 other choices to go.... and my sweetie loves ribs!!!!
    now I'll have to eat nothing but salad for 198 days so I can pig out!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    nah... part of the fun of WDW is the food! When I went in Feb to do book research, I came back an tentaively re-titled the book:

How I Ate My Way Around Walt Disney World (and lived to tell about it)

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I think that we have planned every single vacation around food! This one is even worse with the silver add-on- so many great food choices and so many that we've never tried! I cant wait!!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by dizchick73
    like Prime Time Cafe country-style!
    Oh my! This has been on my list for some time. Need to get over there. Maybe breakfast laster next week.

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have to try it next time. I rarely eat at a resort other than my own or in the parks, but this sounds like fun and delicious!!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    It is great! I finally went for the first time in June. If you thought they picked on you at the 50's PT, Whispering Canyon makes 50's look tame and sometimes uneventful. Be careful if you need catsup!

didnt get to go to this one
    went to Artists Point instead - that was great - excellent food!!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Great food, great fun.

If you want to save a few $$, go for lunch. They're still just as crazy at that meal!

BTW, I call ketchup the "red stuff in the bottle" when I go there.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Loved it! The lunch skillet is fantastic (the ride around the room on a stick horse, not so fantastic, but still fun!)
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Wonderful food and love the crazy cast members. Here is what happened when we went last time. Our friend Jim didn't have any cutlery at his seat so he just reached over to the next table and stole some. Well our waitress saw him so she gave him a hard time about it. A few minutes later we had eaten all the bread before our dinner came so Jim asked the waitress if we could have some more. She told him to go to the kitchen himself and get some if he wanted it so badly, he didn't quite know what to say but she pulled him out of his chair and took him to the kitchen and made him get our bread. His DW, my DH and I were in stitches . It was one of the best restaurants we have eaten in. Both for the food and the atmosephere

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009