Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Best Breakfast? in the Vacation Planning forums; After many trips to the World, the one thing I have always wanted to do, but haven't been able to (we are not morning people) is have breakfast somewhere on ...
    PulchraPuella is offline A-Ticket holder

Best Breakfast?

After many trips to the World, the one thing I have always wanted to do, but haven't been able to (we are not morning people) is have breakfast somewhere on property. Though we just got back, I'm already planning our next trip, and I figure that if I make the reservations now and prepare the family for waking up early, we could actually get to do this. As this is probably going to be one of the only times we will do this, I want it to be the best experience possible. What would you guys suggest?
    "Henry, he did it again! Go over and give that neighbor of ours what for!" -The Carousel of Progress

We do not normally eat breakfast while staying on property. We usually just grab a breakfast bar and go on our way! That being said....we have had breakfast at the following places before and they were all very good. Kona Cafe, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace.

Crystal Palace would be a choice if you are looking to have a character meal. This one is with Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger. The bonus of having breakfast at Crystal Palace is to book your breakfast before park opening so that you can gain access to the Magic Kingdom early and get some great shots of Main Street and the castle without a lot of other people in the shots!

Kona Cafe would have to be my favorite breakfast location purely for the Tonga Toast!!! To die for!!! Everyone must try this at least once in their lifetime!

flutter is offline Moderator
    I have to agree with the Tonga toast at Kona Cafe
    Also Trails end at Ft Wilderness has a great buffet and is a good price

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Kona Cafe gets my vote
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We normally eat at the food court if at a moderate. We did have a character breakfast at Wilderness Lodge 2001 & it was a buffet & very good. Then did a buffet breakfast at Yacht Club in 2006 with the same results. You really can't go wrong with any of the Disney dining. But, Kona sounds great...
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Kona. Tonga Toast

MICKEY BOSE is offline A-Ticket holder
    NY - 48 weeks a year...Old Key West 4 Weeks a year!!!
    TONGA TOAST!!!!

I'll be eating mine in only 5 day!!!!!!
    VACATION CLUB MEMBER SINCE 1994

Married at Disney Wedding Pavillion 2003

I have spent 418 nights at Walt Disney World since 1971!!! Does that make me a freak?

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MICKEY BOSE View Post
    TONGA TOAST!!!!

I'll be eating mine in only 5 day!!!!!!

I'm heading down to the world on 1/10. I will have to work in a tonga toast somehow
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

PulchraPuella is offline A-Ticket holder
    We ate at Kona for the lunch on our last trip, and having enjoyed it so much, I took a peek at their breakfast menu. My mouth was watering the entire time. Thanks for confirming my first impression.
    "Henry, he did it again! Go over and give that neighbor of ours what for!" -The Carousel of Progress

MICKEY BOSE is offline A-Ticket holder
    NY - 48 weeks a year...Old Key West 4 Weeks a year!!!
    I promise, you won't be disappointed!

My Dad HATES breakfast, protested the entire way over to The Kona Cafe 3 years ago...

NOW he tries to get over there 2-3 times a trip to have the TOAST!!!

Fresh, hot press pot of 100% Kona Coffee and some Tonga Toast!!!

I can hardly wait, counting the minutes!!!
    VACATION CLUB MEMBER SINCE 1994

Married at Disney Wedding Pavillion 2003

I have spent 418 nights at Walt Disney World since 1971!!! Does that make me a freak?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Best Breakfast?

I have to agree with the tonga toast and the Kona Cafe but last time I looked you can also get the tonga toast at Captain Cooks, less frills but faster.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

We like to eat at Kouzzina's on the Boardwalk at least once during our trip. I love the orange/blueberry/granola pancakes. You can't beat them. I would like to try the Tonga Toast @ Kona, so I'm going to try it next time. Kouzzina's is a sit down - no buffet and it's wonderful . . . and they have REAL coffee.
    Tina Cole

Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

I made a reservation for Kona because we were looking for an non-park place to each a late breakfast on our departure date. I've only heard good things and look forward to checking it out.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The Tusker House was pretty good. They really involve the kids with games and things while you're there. My kids LOVED it!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Love my Kona, but Boma also offers some nice variety if you're looking for something a little different
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast